Chapter 6

(Cole POV)

“Well, I'm assuming you found her.” I said to Donovan as we sat down to dinner.

  “Yep, you didn't say she was a fine piece of human ass.” He grinned over at me.

  “Because I don't think with my dick, and I don't go for humans. No point, they would never be our mate.” I shook my head at the tracker.

  “Nothing wrong with some interspecies erotica every now and then.” He had the nerve to raise his fork full of mashed potatoes at me and lick it off.

  “That's fucking not right.” I couldn't believe him. Yeah, some wolves had mindless sex with humans. Nothing ever came from it. We couldn't breed with them. Being with them was pointless.

  “You mean when you were licking her leg, you didn't think of going a little further up?”

  “No man, gross. She had no smell for me.” I said as I took a bite of my steak.

  “Hmm, she smelled like hot desire when I had her pinned to the door.”

   I threw my hands up. “What the hell? You were just supposed to find her. How did finding her lead to fucking her?”

   “Well, those were some new shoes. They were definitely ‘fuck me’ shoes. By the way, the blood in those shoes made it super easy to track her. Figured if I talked to her, I might find her friend that was a loose end. Found the friend too. Roommate. I gave her those brand new shoes back. Maybe she'll wear them for me next time.” His shit eating grin said he enjoyed himself way too much.

  I ran my palm down my face. “So how did you go from returning her shoes to having sex? Goddess you weren't even gone half a day.” a thought bloomed in my head. “Oh my Goddess, are you a two pump chump? You only did it once and she didn't want seconds?” I leaned over the table some. “Did she even get it in her mouth before you blew your load?” I laughed as he snarled at me.

  “No asshole. We didn't have sex. Yet. I gave her my number she'll call. Her friend came home.” He frowned. “It was like grand central station at her place. I had to make her ex boyfriend go away, so I just gave her a tiny whiff of my pheromones and pinned her to the door for him to get a good show.”

  “You wolf pheromoned her? You can do that to a human?” I had never even tried. Never even wanted to.

  “Yep, only takes a tiny bit and you can have a human woman eating out of the palm of your hand. Too much and they get all crazy.”

Wolves could give off a scent to attract a mate, or to help with displays of dominance. Two wolves fighting can get downright smelly. Two wolves having sex can make the whole pack house reek of sex. Usually male wolves save those pheromones for their mate. I mean we all had a unique smell, but we could up our scent if we really felt the need to.

  “You are unbelievable.” I shook my head at him. “You going to be the one watching her to see if she shifts?”

  He nodded his head. “I was going to let Ryan do it, but I think I can fit her into my schedule.” He grinned before taking a bite of his steak.

  “She seemed pretty small. Think she could handle it if she did shift?” I wondered out loud. Biting a human didn't automatically mean they turned. It was rare, only like ten percent of those bitten turned. Of those only a small fraction survived the shift. Having your DNA completely transformed caused a lot of problems. If she did successfully shift then she would be just like a natural born wolf. I've personally never even met a bitten that survived the shift.

  “I doubt it. She weighs maybe a buck ten, not very physically fit. Damn shame, if I had more time I could have started her on a fitness routine to maybe help her out. With only ten days till the full moon, nothing she could do now would really help.” He clicked his tongue and set his fork down.

  I scraped the last of my potatoes off my plate and ate them. Sliding my chair back I got ready to leave for my ambulance rotation. “Good luck baby sitting. And use protection.” I laughed as I left the table