chapter 40

"They live!" Nick yelled as Donovan and I walked into the clinic.

He laughed at the blush that instantly ignited on my face.

"Stop." Cole swatted Nick on the shoulder. "Can't you see your embarrassing her."

"Is yours as pretty as mine?" Nick ignored Cole and tapped his mark on the side of his neck.

I squealed seeing Nicks mark. "Oh, that's so cute." I rushed across the room to give Nick a congratulatory hug.

"Show!" Nick pulled at the neck of my tee shirt.

"Ummm there isn't one." I whispered as Derek, Gabe and Luke pushed into the clinic all trying to be the first one in the door.

"No?" Nick whipped his head to look at me.

I shook my head.

I heard Donovan call the other's idiots before he sat down on one of the beds.

"Why no?" Nick looked confused. But he also said it loud enough for others to hear.

"No what?" Luke asked finally coming in the door last.

"She doesn't.." I threw my hand over Nick's mouth.

"I just don't want food." I said in a rush trying to stop the conversation I so didn't want to have.

"Uhh huh." Luke looked skeptical.

Derek bought it for point two seconds before pointing at me and Donovan. " She didn't let you mark her. Or did you and it didn't stick?" He smirked.

"That's not important now, or your business." I sighed trying to stop the madness.

"Kinda is." Gabe muttered.

"Oh my God!" I shouted. "If I decide on a mate it will be after this mission, not in the middle of it and not out of my mind in heat!"

"That's the thing!" Derek yelled back. "What if for this mission you need to pick a mate? You might not have the luxury of waiting till it's over!"

"Ugh! You don't know that I do!" I argued.

"Yeah, well you might have to." Gabe said quietly.

I ran my hands down my face in frustration. "Can we just go meet up with the Alphas please?" I begged.

"Fine, but this isn't over." Derek said turning on his heels.

"Come on Sweet Pea." Donovan lifted himself from the bed and walked out behind his brother.

A low whistle sounded from next to me. "Glad I'm not in your shoes Cinderella."

I punched Nick in the arm and stormed out after the moody brothers.

I knew in my heart that picking a mate was not what this mission was about and it would only complicate things further.

We ended up taking two cars to get to Blutmond. Donovan, Derek, Luke, Gabe and I went in Donovan's SUV, while Nick, Cole, and Grandpa rode with Stone.

As soon as Donovan put the SUV into park my door was ripped open and I was being pulled from my seat. I fell with an "umph" as Kass giggled from under me on the ground.

"I missed you babe." her arms wrapped around me in a hug from her position on the ground.

"Oh my god Kass." I laughed "I missed you too honey."

"Well if you had said you were into girls..." Luke looked down at us.

"Fuck that can I watch and maybe join?" Derek looked down at us blocking the sun with his huge body.