Chapter 16

My mind was reeling. I was quiet as Donovan moved me from room to room.

I replayed the conversation in my head.

“You lied to me.” I suddenly spoke.

He sighed. “Yeah, I'm sorry Sweet Pea. I lied to you once and lied by omission since I met you.”

“You knew why Cole picked me up. You were watching me?” I guessed.

“Sweet Pea, it wasn't even a chore.” He smirked a little. “Bitten don't often turn. Those that do, well they usually don't live through the change. You are so small, were smaller before your turn, that none of us thought you would make it.” He paused for a minute turning to look at me. “I was going to be by your side. I knew you were the rare bitten that would turn. As soon as I heard you were craving steak, I just knew your body was preparing for battle. But Alpha needed me to do another job and I was pulled from watching you. He told me someone else would be there for you.” He pulled me to his chest. “Please believe I didn't want you to go through the change alone. I didn't want to leave you. I just can't disobey the Alpha. I prayed to the moon all that night. Hoping you somehow made it, and if you didn't that you didn't suffer.” His breathing hitched as he stroked my hair.

“You should have had someone there. I'm so sorry Sweet Pea.”

My arms pulled him closer to me and I knew he was being honest with me. “I believe you.” I assured him.

He pushed me away a little and looked into my eyes. “But I'm here now and I'll make sure you know everything you need to know.”

I nodded and he released me. He quickly grabbed my hand and moved us down a hallway. “This is your room.” He opened a door and flipped on a light.  It looked exactly like his. Bare nothing to prove it was mine except my suitcase was now on the floor of this room.

“You can decorate it however you want. I don't do mine, because I spend all my money on my truck. It's usually where I end up spending most of my time anyway.”

“Are you like their spy or something?” I questioned.

He chuckled, “Not really. I can, I'm one of the quietest wolves. My main function is tracker. I have a really good nose. I can track down prey faster than anyone else in the pack. Recently though, Alpha has started to use me less of a prey tracker and more of a certain human tracker. Seems I can blend in with humans better than some.”

“Pfft, whatever.” I mumbled.

“What's that Sweet Pea? Doubt my skills?” He grinned.

“You stick out like a sore thumb. You're like a pearl among swine.” I grinned back.

“Well I am ruggedly handsome.” He laughed and grabbed me, pulling me to him. “You find me as sexy as I find you?” He leaned down and whispered in my ear.

I wanted to have a witty reply, but my brain stopped working as he ran his tongue down the side of my neck. My witty reply was “mmmm”. Yep I'm a smooth player alright.

“You smell so good.” He whispered as he lifted me up by my thighs.

My legs instantly parted and fit around him. He worked little open mouthed kisses along my jaw to my chin. My head thrown back in pleasure.

“look at me Sweet Pea.” I lowered my chin. His eyes dilated, the grey being swallowed by black.

He leaned his head forward and gently bit my lip. Kissing and sucking it into his own warm mouth.

“Oh God.” I moaned as his lips worked magic.

His lips finally settled over mine. I automatically met his pace and opened my lips to him. Our tongues sliding sensually against each other.