Chapter 35 and 36

Donovan parked in the pot hole filled lot in front of a sports bar. The sign by the road said five cent wings. I'm thinking they might be out of business if Donovan, and Gabe eat.
"Come on Sweet Pea. They are here already." Donovan helped me out of the truck.
We walked into the bar. It was dimly lit, t.v.'s provided most of the light. The bar was almost empty. Only three tables had people at them.
"Hi welcome to Jack's. Just three?" the hostess asked looking between all of us.
"No joining a party already here. Thanks." Gabe said grabbing the menus from the girl's hand.
I sighed at the way Gabe treats humans. "Sorry. He is just hangry all the time." I smiled at the girl.
"Oh, no problem. Not the worst I had to deal with." she said pushing her glasses back up her nose. "If you see your party you can join them." she smiled at me.
"Thanks."
I followed Gabe to a table with Donovan right behind me.
"Alpha." Gabe muttered and bowed his head. "Sit, I don't know why I had to come here to meet my own pack member. I don't like secrets Gabrielle." The man that must be Alpha Malcolm said looking sternly at Gabe.
"Alpha Malcolm, Alpha James. Thank you for meeting with us." Donovan bowed his head slightly and waited.
"Yes, yes. Sit down tracker. Have your plaything run along so we can talk business." Alpha Malcolm sighed. "Too many she wolves these days just don't know their place."
"Excuse me." I looked directly at Malcolm. "I'm nobody's plaything and they called you here because I asked them to. But never mind. Obviously Gabe was wrong, you're an ass." I turned to leave.
"Donovan you better get a hold of your woman." Alpha James looked unamused. "You should know not to bring an unmated female with no rank to an important meeting."
Oh hell no.
"I'll be in the car." I walked away from the table.
"Sweet Pea! Just wait a minute please." Donovan begged pulling me back to him.
"Nope. The all knowing Alpha's can sit and spin on a dick for all I care. If the Goddess wants a progress report I'll be sure to let her know I've found every single alpha I've met so far to be lacking. This, this is just another reason for me to get a cat and move to the middle of nowhere. Y'all can handle your own shit. Obviously the Goddess was wrong, y'all don't need me." I angrily whispered to him.
I pulled my arm back and stomped to the front of the restaurant.
"You've really made an impression. They are pissed you talked to them that way. They heard what you said." Donovan linked me after I had been in the truck for ten minutes.
"I don't really care what they think."
"Well I do!" Donovan said exasperated.
"Great." I replied back just as exasperated. They were assholes, I came to warn them of dangers to their packs. I'd been more warmly received at some of my foster homes.
I made up my mind. I was leaving. I'd link Luke or Cole and get a ride once I was far enough away from the bar.
I opened the truck door and climbed out.
My feet barely hit the ground before a voice was next to me.
"Well, are you going back in there? If you are I want to go too. Ring side seats for someone who told my brother to 'go sit and spin on dicks' I'm down to witness round two." A very tall blonde she wolf looked over me.
"Nope not going back inside. Was actually going to walk home." I said looking between the girl and the front door of the bar.
"I'm sorry my brother can be an asshole. I'm Kass." She held her hand out to me.
"Calla." I answered taking her hand.
"Calla? What pack are you from? I don't think I've heard that name before." She released my hand.
"Currently I'm staying at Bloodrose." I sighed. "But maybe for not much longer."
"Are you here to petition for a pack transfer?" She scrunched her eyebrows together.
"No. I just, it's hard to explain." I stammered.
"Try me. I'm a pretty good listener." She smoothed a hand down my back. Her whole demeanor screamed trustworthy.
"I've completely changed my whole life and existence in less than a month. I broke up with my boyfriend, lost my only friend. I had to quit my job, quit school, move, and I'm just tired of the changes. I just want to live in a shack in the woods with a cat." A single self pity tear fell down my face.
"Aww, ssh, it's okay." Kass folded me into a hug. "Meeting your mate can be difficult sometimes. But you'll see, you will love each other so much." She murmured into my hair.
"What? I haven't met my mate." I scoffed. "I don't even get one."
"Everyone has a mate, even if they reject you, you'll get a second chance. You'll meet them soon." She tried to assure me. "Wait, if you haven't met your mate, then why did you change all those things?" She asked.
"Reasons I can't tell you about." I shrugged.
"Well I know things may be hard right now, but we live so long this will one day be all forgotten." Kass smiled.
"Doubt it. I'm pretty sure some will remember for a long time." I was pretty sure my sentry would remember their time protecting the Sentinel until my job was done.
"You're very cryptic Calla." she stood back from me and looked at my eyes. "You seem to have the weight of the world on your shoulders. If you just open up to me, I'm sure I can help you in some way." I could see how sincere she was. Could feel it. I wanted to tell her.
"Might seem rude, but how old are you?" I asked.
She lightly laughed, "Ninety."
"I'm twenty one. How many years do you think I've been a wolf?" I asked easing into it.
"Haha Calla, twenty one. What's your point?"
"I've been a wolf for about a week." I said seriously.
She looked at me like I had two heads. "I was bitten." I muttered.
"Wait? What? Seriously? Do you know what that means!" she looked at me with awe.
"Yeah I know. Do you?"
"Sentinel." She whispered.
"Yep, hooray me." I sighed.
"Oh this is gold, my brother just insulted the Sentinel." She laughed.
"How do you know about sentinels?"
"I'm a historian. I love history. I've read every lore book a thousand times since I was able to read. You are here which means my brother should have heard you out." She shook her head. "Who's in there with him and Malcolm?"
"Gabe and Donovan." I said.
"They part of your sentry? Good choice on Gabe. He's loyal to a fault. Donovan I haven't really dealt with much. He comes and goes." she shrugged. "Are they telling them now how much they screwed up?"
"Probably not. They might tell them what we found out, but I don't think they will tell them I'm the Sentinel because of the way I was treated." I hoped that was the case any way.
"You have to go tell my brother who you are. He can be pig headed, but he has to know. We need to help you however we can."
"I'm sure with what Donovan and Gabe are telling them that will be enough reason for them to help my sentry." I frowned, "Besides now even Donovan is angry at me because I disrespected two Alpha's."
"Girl, you need to recognize your power. They need to recognize your power. You are the embodiment of the Goddess herself. You rank higher than an Alpha. Did you feel like bowing to them?"
"No, I felt pissed that they disrespected me without even asking my name."
"See, any wolf lesser than them would have shown their necks or bowed. The fact you didn't says a whole lot." she pleaded with me with her eyes. "Please come screw with my brother. I never get to see him stick his foot in his mouth. I have to see his face when he realizes who you are."
"I am kind of hungry." I said spying the five cent wing sign.