Chapter 27

Donovan, Derek, and I drove to my old apartment. On the way Donovan linked Gabe, and Luke for help. I told them it really wasn't necessary. I didn't have much stuff. None of the furniture was actually mine, it had come with the apartment. I wasn't much for keeping trinkets. When you spent the first 18 years of your life living out of two or three backpacks, you learn to be a minimalist.

Sterling pack is actually closer to my old apartment than Bloodrose is, so when we got there, Gabe and Luke were pulling up also.

Luke pulled my door open helping me down from the over tall SUV and gave me a hug. “Is this where you're keeping the dragon?” He whispered in my ear making me laugh and push him away.

“What? What did he say to you?” Gabe asked looking from me to Luke. “Was it about me?”

“No, it was just an inside joke between us.” I smiled.

“I'll kick his ass if he was talking about me.” Gabe frowned at Luke.

“It wasn't about you. Promise.” I reassured him.

“Come on. Let's go get your stuff Sweet Pea.” Donovan lightly grabbed my hand and pulled.

I hoped she was home to open the door. I didn't have my keys. I'm sure anyone of these guys could break the door down, but I didn't want to do that to her.

I led our little group upstairs stopping in front of my door. I took a deep breath and gave myself a little mental shake. I raised my hand and knocked softly on the door.

“Coming hold on!” Amelia yelled from the other side of the door. I heard the lock click. Then the door opened. And it immediately slammed shut.

“Amelia just open the door. I'm just here to get my stuff then you will never see me again.” I yelled from the hall.

I heard the couch sliding across the room. This bitch was going to barricade the door.

“Amelia, you could put every piece of furniture in that apartment against the door, but it won't keep us out!” I yelled. I looked at Donovan, “Will it?” I whispered.

The guys all laughed. “No darlin’, she would have to put a car against that door for any of us to have to ask for help.” Derek smirked.

“If I let you in, you have ten minutes to get your stuff and go. After that I'm calling the cops.” She yelled.

“Fine just open the door.”

The lock clicked again, again the door opened.

“Thanks friend.” I sarcastically said pushing the door open the rest of the way. “Come on guys. Rooms this way.”

Amelia’s eyes almost popped out of her head watching my posse follow me like a momma duck with babies.

I opened the door to my room. All of my clothes from my closet were scattered around my room. All of my clothes were pulled from the dresser. My room looked like it had been ransacked.

“what the hell Amelia?” I yelled.

“I didn't think you were coming back. I took what I could wear and gave some stuff away.” She yelled from the living room.

I stomped back by the guys out to the living room. “Go. Get. My. Things. Now!” I screamed in her face.

All the color left her face and she ran to her room. “Hey roommate, also bring me my phone and yours.” I called to her retreating form.

“Sweet Pea?”

“Yeah?” I turned to Donovan.

“I'm going to go get some boxes. I'll be right back.” He touched my hand on his way out the door.