Chapter 22

The next time I woke up it was late afternoon. I felt much better, but I was thirsty and needed to pee.

I swung my legs over the bed and tested putting weight on my legs before I tried to stand up. I was still shaky, but I think I could make it to the bathroom if I knew where it was.

I heard laughing and voices from the other side of the curtain. I could tell one was Luke and the other sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it.

“Luke?” I said loud enough to get his attention.

“Yeah? You okay Calla?” He yelled back.

“Sorry to interrupt, but where is the bathroom?

“Hold on.” He said.

The curtain fluttered and moved. In walked a guy I knew I had seen before.  “I know you.” I said “But I'm sorry I don't remember your name.”

“It's Gabe.” He said. All the jovial quality he had when talking to Luke was gone.

“Right, you're the guy that said I was disgusting. You can go ahead and turn around and leave.” I said trying to get my balance.

“Luke you have the absolute worst taste in friends.” I linked to him.

Luke's laughter rang out around the room.

“It wasn't about you personally. I just don't get it on with humans.” Gabe frowned.

“Yeah, well, I don't get it on with asshats, so guess we're even. Bye now.” I said taking a tentative step.

“Goddess Donovan should be given a medal for putting up with your sass.” Gabe said pinching the bridge of his nose.

I tried to move past him to the curtain. Suddenly I was flying. I landed with an ummph over Gabe's shoulder. My head down and my butt in the air.

“Hey you big ox, you can't just go around throwing girls on your shoulder like a damn cave man.” I sputtered. “And if you're not a little more gentle I'm going to pee down your chest!”

“Oh goddess please do, that will be the funniest thing I've seen this week if you do.” Luke was laughing like a hyena rocking from side to side on his bed.

“I take it back, you are disgusting.” Gabe grumbled.

I couldn't really tell where we were going. I put my hand against his back and pushed myself up some so I could see and not get sick.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Donovan roared coming into the room.

“She has to go to the bathroom. She couldn't walk, so Luke made me help her.” Gabe sounded like it was obvious.

“Give her here you mental midget. You're going to hurt her.” I could see a pair of feet stop in front of Gabe. A growl sounded and the shirt I had on was pulled down my legs.

Hands gently grabbed my waist and started to gently lift me. Gabe moved his hand from my calf and clamped it alarmingly high on my thigh.

“I think she's fine where she is. I can take her.” I could feel his chest rumble under my legs.

“She's hurt and you're not being careful with her.” Donovan snapped.

“She's right here, and still has to pee, like now!” I said as my bladder was screaming.

Donovan sighed and moved to the side. “Sorry Sweet Pea.” He said.

Gabe moved again, I just hoped it was towards a bathroom.