Chapter 24

Derek and Cole brought me dinner. I was happy to have it. I had been so caught up reading that I had totally forgotten about eating.

Cole once again placed the little tray with a covered dish over my lap while Derek loomed over the foot of the bed.

“Eat up Calla. Hopefully tomorrow you'll be able to leave the clinic if you get your strength up.” Cole said as he took the lid off the dish.

“What the hell is this?” Derek asked, his fingers holding the hem of the nightgown.

“Nightgown.” I answered as I picked up a drumstick.

“Ugh, did he wipe his balls with it and piss on it? It reeks!” Derek waved his hand in front of his nose.

I shrugged and took a big bite. Yeah, I smelled him on the night gown, but it wasn't that bad.

“It's bad isn't it?” Luke yelled from his bed.

“Hun, you have to tell me which room is yours. I'll go get you your own clothes. This is, this is just, goddess the stench. I can't take it.” Derek moved further from the bed.

“Oh it's not that bad, but it is a little warm.” I pulled the collar away from my throat some.

“I'll find your room. Be back soon. Don't miss me too much.” He winked and smirked before turning on his heel to leave.

I shook my head. Whatever. Eating had become the only thought that consumed me. I definitely had to stop skipping meals.

As soon as I was finished eating two arguing voices came into the clinic.

“Bro, it reeks. She's hot, in more ways than one. You bought her a damn suit of armor.”

There was some growling and then Donovan came into my line of sight.

He immediately smiled and came to the head of the bed. He pressed a kiss to my forehead. “Sweet Pea. Sorry I was gone so long. Alpha needed me to actually hunt down some deer for the freezer.”

“Here,” Derek laid my suitcase on the foot of my bed and unzipped it. “You packed something comfortable right?” He started pulling my clothes out.

“Yes.” I tried to bat his hands away.

“This looks like a winner!” he held up the only bikini I owned and packed.

“That's a bathing suit, not something to lay around in bed in.” I snatched it out of his hands.

“You could still model it for me.” He winked.

Donovan growled, “She isn't going to do that.”

“Says you little bro. What if she wants to?’ Derek lifted his chin in challenge.

“She is right here!” I felt like I had said that once before today.

Donovan looked at me with a frown. “Do you want to?”

“No, I want my shorts and my tank top.” I dug through the suitcase finding a soft pair of shorts and a black tank. “This, I want to change.” I swung my legs over the bed. Testing to see if my legs were more stable than this morning.

“I can carry you.” Donovan put a hand on my elbow to help me.

“I think I'm okay. Have to start walking on my own. Cole's kicking me out of here soon.” I smiled and took a step.

“Calla? Wait, are you injured?” Cole asked giving me a funny look.

“Cole you know what's wrong with me and why I'm here.” I sighed. These males were getting on my nerves.