Chapter 26

Bright and early the next morning I woke up to the sound of Cole snoring on one of the other beds in the clinic.

I sat up and tested my legs in the cold tile floor. They felt stronger than ever. I knelt by my suitcase and rummaged for something to wear. Something I could wander around outside in. The soft clicking of the door alerted me someone was here. I sucked in a breath. Derek. His feet stopped right next to me.

“Hey Darlin.” I looked up at him and smiled.

“Good morning.”

He smirked back. “It would be a better morning if you wanted to go back to your room with me. Seeing you on your knees in front of me is seriously fueling my imagination.”

“Umm, no.” I frowned going back to my clothing hunt.

“Had to try.” He sighed. “Eventually you'll say yes just out of curiosity.”

“I wouldn't hold your breath.” I muttered finally finding shorts and a tank that would have to work for today.

Derek reached out and helped me up, even though I didn't really need the help. Once I was fully standing he leaned forward and took a big whiff of my hair.

“You do smell like heaven.” His eyes blacked out for a second.

“Okay then.” I pushed on his chest, giving me my personal space back.

I quickly walked to the bathroom to get away from Derek. “This view is good too.” He said as I got to the middle of the room.

A pillow flew through the air like a missile hitting Derek in the side. “Grow up. You're like a hormonal teenage boy.” Cole groused from the bed he was on.

I shut and locked the bathroom door. I took a quick shower finding the bathroom was well stocked with soaps,shampoo and conditioner. The hot water pouring over me felt heavenly. I sighed letting the water for just a minute take all of this drama away.

There was a tap on the door. “Darlin if you don't hurry up we are going to miss breakfast.” Derek said through the door.

“Be out in a second.” I called back.

I turned off the water and dried off. I dressed and threw my hair up into a messy bun.

I exited the bathroom in a cloud of steam.

“Mmmmm.” Derek said from beside the door. His bottom lip tucked into his mouth.

“Breakfast?” I asked as I walked past him to throw my dirty clothes near my suitcase.

“Follow me Darlin.” Derek walked to the door. “You coming Cole?” I asked shaking his foot. He groaned and rolled out of the bed. “Only because lunch is so long from now.”

Walking back into the pack house was kind of intimidating. I felt like all eyes were on me.

“Just hold your head up and walk.” Derek whispered touching my elbow to guide me to a seat.

“Where's Donovan and grandpa?” I asked not seeing them.

“Granddad will be here in a minute and I think Donovan is catching up on some sleep.”

“Did Spears have him out again last night?”  

“You don't know?” Derek looked at me puzzled.

“Know what?”

“Donovan stands outside the clinic all night making sure nobody bothers you.” Cole said pulling a chair out for me.