Chapter #7

AUTHORS NOTE: I KNOW, I KNOW. IM THE WORST PERSON EVER, UPDATING 5 DAYS LATE. SCHOOL STARTS MONDAY, SO I HAD TO GET EVERYTHING DONE SO I COULD HAVE THE WEEKEND TO RELAX. SORRY :( WELL HERE IT IS! HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

CHAPTER #7

Sky was waiting at the other end of the parking lot; thank God. I wouldn't have known what to respond if she asked me why he didn't stop to talk to me. If she only knew that for the past two years, the same question has been eating me up.

I realized that I was getting some weird looks from people. Everyone was walking at a safe distance- away from me. I was going to ask them why they were staring and then I remembered. For two years now, I was probably the talk of the town- '15 YEAR OLD GIRL MURDERS BROTHER.' ; 'REASONS UNKNOWN FOR TEENAGE GIRL BRUTALLY KILLING SIBLING'.

Obviously people would stare and stay away from me. But, you know what? Why should I care about anyone's opinion? I knew who's mattered the most to me, and look how that turned out.

All along, I was only worried about what Aaron thought and what he would say to me? Would he act the same way towards me? Would he support me and stand up for me if someone said something?

'An idle mind is a devil's playground.' It seemed to be the most sensible phrase ever; while I was in Juvie, we had a bunch of things we could do- paint, read, watch TV (for a limited time, but we asked, no begged for an extra hour to finish Sherlock). I read mostly, but when I wasn't, all I could do was think about Noah. And Aaron. What he would do, what he would say. I suddenly realized that it was a waste of time.

There's a quote from a book called 'Wonder'- "sometimes you worry a lot about something and it turns out to be nothing." Well, in my case, that 'nothing' turns out to be everything to me. I wasted all those hours pondering about someone who doesn't give a shit.

I imagined him standing outside Juvie, beside his car, running a hand through that dirty blonde hair and his green eyes, searching for me, waiting to see me again after 2 years. I thought, if he gave me a legit explanation as to why he didn't visit me, I might forgive him.

Okay, who was I kidding? Of course I would have forgiven him. I would've gone up to him and he would have that half- smile that said everything- that he was sorry, that he had missed me. I would then, obviously give him a bear hug and then eventually start crying. I would also punch him, hard. Once I was done playing the role of a drama queen, we would drive home and we would have never stopped talking on the way. Once we would have reached home, he would have dropped me off at the porch, hugged me again and would have said he'd call me soon.

Instead, I got Claire. Okay I sounded really bitter. It's not that I don't like her, it's just, I would have preferred to have had Aaron there in her place.

I suddenly felt dizzy. All these thoughts were getting to me. I grabbed a cart to keep steady. I stood there for a few minutes, eyes closed, just taking deep breaths. I knew I was probably getting stared at. Screw them. I didn't care. Once I was feeling better, I went to the parking lot to find Sky. I spotted the car. I walked quickly, sat inside and slammed the door.

"What took you so long?" Sky asked.

"I've only been gone 15 minutes, Sky!"

"Hmph. That's a long time."

I glared at her. I was NOT in the mood to argue. She took one look at my face and said,

"Fine. Okay. Let's go get some lunch. I'm too tired to drive home. I already told mom. Where do you wanna go?"

I wasn't too hungry after what happened.

"I don't know. Anywhere..."

"Okay. What is it?"