Chapter #16

AUTHORS NOTE: I AM THE MOST HORRIBLE PERSON EVER. IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG. I JUST DIDNT HAVE TIME AND I ALSO HAD NO IDEAS SO, SORRY IF THIS ISNT TOO GOOD. ANYWAY, ITS SORT OF LATE SO I HAVE TO GO SLEEP NOW :) I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER.

                              CHAPTER #16

RAY'S POV:

What if Aaron was actually the one sending those notes to Z? The writer sounded pretty serious; so did he. Maybe he slipped up and said 'I'm always watching'. It obviously wasn't planned. I mean, why would he reveal something so casually? Okay, it wasn't a casual conversation; it was pretty intense. Maybe he was caught off guard, talking about Z. There were a lot of possibilities- he could have gotten someone to do the work for him; he could have done it himself or maybe it was a coincidence.

Before I could even finish that thought, I stopped myself. There was no way it was a coincidence. But he's known Z for so long, why would he send stuff like that to her?

I laughed mirthlessly. I wasn't surprised about the threatening part. I knew something that he did and he knew that I was aware of it. The small problem was that no one else knew it and no one would actually believe me. He had a reputation of being a good boy with no bad habits whatsoever. This was around the family; not so much with the people outside the family. Outside, he was known as an addict. Not falsely accused, I must say. He drank a lot, more so on special occasions and did drugs too. I'm surprised he didn't take up smoking. Well, it's been a long time. That phase has probably passed.

Ever since he was a kid, he had this weird obsession with knives and blades and shit. One good thing was that he never cut himself. Thank God for that. He also loved murder stories and anything bloody and gory. Those were probably why Z and Aaron were such good friends. Their first conversation must have gone like-

Z: Hey.

A: Hey!

Z: Is that a dagger?

A: Sure is, wanna play?

Z: Yeah!

Okay I was exaggerating.

Thinking back to my first conversation with Z, it wasn't too bad. Who was I kidding? She probably thought I was some stalker or something. But look at us now. I never thought we would be as close as we were now. She said she hated Aaron but I knew that deep inside, she wanted thing to be normal again. I shook my head. Why was I thinking about Z all the time? I mean, I like her; but I don't like, like her. I'm such a girl.

"You okay son? You look kind of lost," dad said, interrupting my very feminine thoughts.

"Oh, hey dad. I'm fine. Aaron just left."

"Oh? How nice of him to drop by. Next time, invite him over when I'm home, will you?" he said, walking towards his room.

"I didn't invite him," I said.

"Oh well. Tell him I said hi." I looked away and stared at the ground.

"He's a nice boy, Ray. And he's your cousin. Why don't you like him?"

"Yeah, real nice," I muttered. "Never mind, dad. It's no big deal."

"As you say, son," he said and walked into his room.

I sighed. I couldn't tell him. It would break his heart. Someday, I'd tell him. Suddenly, I had a thought. Why someday, why not now? Yeah, I should just do it now. I told myself to man up and just let it all out.

"Hey, Ray! I forgot to tell you, I got a promotion today," he said, smiling. He looked so happy.

"Congratulations, dad; way to go!"