Amanda..? : Chapter 5

Amanda's POV

I felt like I was at home. I was in Jack's grandparents' basement, finishing up a project for Marla. I wanted to take a break, so I headed upstairs. When I opened the door, I froze.

Why was Lele here?

And then it hit me.

.+. Flashback .+.

The day I befriended Lele, I actually cried. I cried when I made her leave the apartment. Not because she deleted my post, because I just lost my best friend. My boyfriend wasn't responding either. At the time, it was Jack. So I decided to go to his grandparents' house.

They were like my second family. After meeting Marla, she told me about the charity breadline, so for 3 years, we both worked there together. I called her my aunt, because we were so close. But I didn't stop charity because of my career, I stopped because that's when Marla got cancer. I couldn't believe it. My best friend, boyfriend, and basically my aunt, were all pushed away from me. I soon figured out Jack was cheating on me with Lele, but it wasn't her fault. She hadn't known he was my boyfriend, so I just felt bad for her when they hooked. I visited Marla while she was recovering in the hospital. I would tell her stories about me and memories with Jack and Lele, even though she was resting, and probably couldn't hear me. But I needed to talk with someone. When Marla finally was granted to leave back to her house, I drove her, and offered to make a huge cancer charity project, and start something big for her. For her.

.+. End Of Flashback .+.

Seeing Lele made me lose my breath, but I kept it steady. If I fell to the ground out of air, I would look really weird. And... Jack.

Third Person's POV

Amanda shifted her weight from one foot to the other, and Lele stood up. "Jack," Amanda started. "Why are you here?" Jack hesitated, gazing awkwardly at his silent elders. "Lele and I wanted to visit my relatives before our vacation to Wisconsin to ski."

Amanda sighed. "Lele, I hate you, but I'm warning you. He's a player, and you shouldn't be dating him."

"NO!" Jack yelled. "I mean.. no.... I'm not. I told you it was over but you kept texting me. What did you not understand? I fell in love with someone else, I wasn't just going to cheat on you, and you were always judging me. So I broke up with you! Maybe you hate me, but don't throw shade at my relationship."

"You were a-all I h-had!" Amanda croaked out, and you could hear that she was in the edge of crying. "You don't know my past with Lele, so don't get in between that! You never said it was over, you texted me at exactly 12:47 P.M. saying you needed time. I'm sorry if I got judgy, but that was because I was afraid! Scared of losing you!"

"Amanda," Jack said calmly, taking Lele's hand. "Hopefully you've learned that that's not an acceptable way to be in a relationship. Now leave Lele and I alone." They sped out the door.

Marla rushed over to Amanda, tears spilling down her face. She pulled her into a hug.

"That was unpleasant." Clip said, but only received a glare from Marla. That shut him up.