Meeting Amelia: Chapter 22

Lele's POV

So, you know how in the last chapter, I quoted, 'I can't wait until tomorrow?' I didn't wait. I stayed up all night, taking my bedtime at 5:39 A.M. and woke up at 1:13. I mean, I wasted all that time, and I woke up with just enough time to get ready for today's lesson.

I got up and took a shower, brushed my hair (into a neat ponytail) and teeth, and chose an outfit. I wanted to make a good first impression with my student, so I chose some light gray skinny jeans, a white tank top, and a black duster. I slipped on some Vans and some fake black Oakley's, thinking, dang, I look this good?

I headed downstairs and ate some cereal. After washing the bowl and spoon, the doorbell rang. I dried my hands and walked over to open the door. I thought everything over, Juanpa is staying upstairs because there's a frickin' kitchen upstairs, the room is clean and in order, and I look okay. Whoo.

I opened the door to a smiling lady with short blond hair that curled in. Her hands were on a little 4 ft. 6 girl's shoulders. The girl had narrow purple glasses on. Her hair was averagely long and brown, and her clothes were adorable. She had a purple sleeveless shirt with dancing narwhals on, along with jean-like khakis, matching with neat little Mary Janes. She was smiling, looking up at me. She looked so cute, I could literally take her.

"Hello, my name is Shelly, Shelly Samson! This is my daughter Amelia." The lady said, widening her smile. "Hi." Amelia said in a cute little voice. "Hey! My name is Lele, and I'm happy to have you here today!" I replied, trying to be polite. The smell of light perfume wafted in front he two at my door.

"Please come in!"

They stepped in. "Thank you for doing this. We have been having a little trouble in school, you know, catching up in class. She is in 1st grade." Shelly announced. "You are welcome, and I and excited to work with your daughter. We have snacks here, so any allergies?" I asked.

"Gluten." Shelly replied as Amelia ran and jumped into the couch. Shelly gave an annoyed look, but I quickly said, "It's okay, she cute." Shelly looked back at me and smiled again. "Amelia also has a speech impediment, so could you help her with that?"

"Of course." I said, nodding my head. "It was nice meeting you, but I must be on my way now." The last said. She looked over at her daughter as she headed for the door. "Behave please, and goodbye!" "Bye mommy!" She. said, getting off the couch to run over and give her mother a hug. Aw.

The door closed and Amelia turned around to look at me. "Ok, where is da cwasswoom (classroom)?" She asked, looking around. I laughed and waved for her to follow me. When we entered the room, she yelled, "IT'S A CASTLE!" I laughed again, knowing this was going to be a fun year. I looked at my watch. 2:38, not bad.

Amelia sat at one of the tables as I grabbed level one textbooks and workbooks. I handed her a folder and an assignment book, along with two white, stick-on labels. "Write your name on both on them and stick em' on." I said.

I watched her as she wrote her name on both labels and placed them in the right corner of her folder and book. "Great!" I said. I took the articles and set them aside. "What's your favorite subject?"

She thought for a second before replying with, "Maff (math) 2+6=18." Okay, we do have work to do. "Dat was a joke!" She said, laughing. I pulled out the Algebra textbook and worksheet book from the stack, placing the textbook in front of Amelia and the other on top of the stack.

"Okay, so we're going to go over the basics to show what you know." I said, pulling out a piece of chalk.

_Continuing in the next chapter!_

Hey guys, what's up. Lele is now a tutor, and her first student is named Amelia Samson. If you didn't know, lol. Anyhoo, vote of you liked the chapter!