Just Like That: Chapter 31

Juanpa's POV

I woke up the next morning, Lele by my side and Luis curled up in his bed. I quietly left the bedroom and took my morning shower. After, I put on some basketball shorts and a white tank. I grabbed a banana and a water bottle and headed out for a jog around.

It was nice out this morning, sunny with a cool breeze. I stopped my a bench and threw the banana peel away in a garbage game next to it. I sat down in the bench to take a rest and chugged my water. I felt my phone in my pocket ring.

Lele 😍

Lele😍- Hey babe

Lele😍- Where are you?

Juanpa😍- Out for a morning jog

Juanpa😍- It's nice outside

Lele😍- Ok. Im going to feed Luis and maybe you'll be home soon?

Juanpa😍- Heading back

Lele😍- Ok see you baby 😘

Juanpa😍- 😜

I jogged the path back home and I entered my house. Lele was petting the dog on the couch. "Hey Lele, I saw a local dog park a little ways down, maybe we can take Luis for a walk?" I said, putting my empty water bottle in the recycling. "Sure!" She said and Luis ran to me. He licked my sock, and I laughed.

"Hey little dude, we're gonna go to the park but I gotta take a shower first." I said to him, rubbing his little head.

Lele's POV

Juanpa got out of the shower and I put the leash on Luis. I put a tennis ball and a few treats into a bag along with our phones and a camera. We took a short walk to the park and saw some other dogs there, along with some neighbors.

I saw a familiar girl with a few boys in the park with a few boys and a cute little dog. I immediately remembered her, Jimmy Johns, Aspen, Why Don't We. I handed Luis's leash to Juanpa and headed over to her. "Hey Aspen, it's me Lele!" I said, and she said hi. We gave each other a hug and I smiled at her.

"So you guys must be Why Don't We." I said, looking at the boys. "Yeah, heard of us? By the way, I'm Jack." One with curly hair said. I shook his hand and raised an eyebrow. "So you must be the lucky guy..." I said. Another one looked up from his phone and looked at Jack with a confused look.

"What?" He said.

"I'm sorry, what do you mean?" Jack asked. "You're Aspen's boyfriend...?" I said. Aspen was looking away and it was obvious she was trying to make it seem like she hadn't heard. "Aspen... what the... what did you tell her?!" Jack asked in a frustrated voice. I slowly backed away, ignoring the words used in the conversation and went over to Juanpa.

He was playing fetch with Luis. "What happened? You looked kinda... physically afraid." He asked. "Drama." I said. "Everyone you meet is not who you think they are. Like Jack." Juanpa nodded. "People nowadays are just like that."