contrast

your life feels only unfair when you constantly compare what you have to others. we are all deprived and blessed at the same time. some encounter more luck than other people. some fall more often into pitholes. but the thing is, it is not possible to compare two people with two different lifestyles together. it's like comparing blue to orange. the two colours are nothing alike.

life is both fair and unfair, it mostly depends on how you look at it: we all walk different paths, but they all end in the same dark destination. we experience and learn differently but in the end, we share the same emotions and realisations. when you are happy, someone else is having the hardest time of their life. and when you are suffering, someone else is in utter bliss. right now, someone just won a national contest. a girl is crying herself to sleep. another soul has escaped to heaven. babies are being born. across the world, people are making breakfast and kissing their loved ones and missing someone and partying and feeling small. many look at other people and become jealous, insecure or envious. someone else is living their own dream. someone is luckier, more gifted, prettier. and in comparison, many feel dull, inadequate, deprived of something they've never even had. they become greedier. fuel themselves with toxic thoughts. but you don't have to be like that.

seven billion people and countless more animals existing upon this earth. each life, no matter how small or large the embodiment, as complex and unique as anything else in this universe. we are all unique. we are the same. different facets of the same jewel that is this life. live your own truth. be grateful. the only person you should please, is yourself.