me and you

Chapter 27. Me and you

The way I see it, there are two things I can do here.

Plan one, jump out the window, but with my luck I'd never make it to the other side and fall into oblivion.

Or plan two, try to explain to Axel's mother why her son is bruised on the floor along with me standing over him.

I decide to go with plan two.

"Axel honey... you alright?" His mother asks still looking as if she's in shock as she leans on the doorway crossing her arms. I immediately jump off Axel's back taking a step away as he effortlessly gets up sending me a discrete smirk before turning to his mom, "Yup"

"Hi I'm Axel's Mom Hannah" Hannah vocalizes taking a step forward sticking her hand out, I hesitantly taking it with a sheepish smile, "Hi I'm-" before I can finish Hannah's light brown eyes light up, "Carolina Garcia, of course I know you, you're one of the best pitchers in the region" she beams offering me a warm smile that I nervously return.

"Thank you" I state with sincerity as I shake her small hand. She's much shorter than me, she stands around 5'0 around Amber's height.

Her bright welcoming smile is definetly a gene Axel inherited along with the thick brown hair and brown eyes. Their olive skin tones and glowing confidence, something I unfortunately didn't get from either of my parents.

Hannah's eyes soon widen in horror as she stares at Axel for a moment, "Axel what the hell happened to your face?"

"Carolina beat me up" He smirks clearly amused by this only resulting in his mother smacking him upside the head, "Axel Gilligan Wesley did you get into another fight?" Hannah exclaims glaring daggers at Axel, "He started it Mom" Axel defends throwing his arms up. I hold in my snicker as their argument, Gilligan.

Hannah turns to me with an unimpressed look, "Can you believe this boy? I still feel as if I'm dealing with the same kid that called 911 the first time he saw his belly button" she mutters with a sigh before glaring at Axel.

"Wait what?" I snort as a small smile forms on her face, "When I used to work late shifts down at the hospital Axel would stay home every night at with the baby sitter. Well I guess the baby sitter wasn't that good because Axel had managed to see his belly button for the first time thinking it was some fatal hole in him and called 911" she explains as I begin to erupt in a full out laughter gripping my stomach.

"I was three Mom" Axel defends as his cheeks begin to sting a light pink, "Yup and you nearly got me fired too" she adds matter of factly smirking at Axel's embarrassment.

"This has been fun but it's a school night soo..." Axel trails off giving his mom the 'leave' look as he sends his hand through his thick untamed hair.

"Oh right, well it was very nice officially meeting you Carolina come over anytime" she smiles brightly before exiting the room closing the door behind her.

"She's nice" I cheekily grin at Axel who sighs, "Yeah she's something alright" he chuckles taking a seat on the edge of his bed.

"Well I'm glad your okay" I yawn taking a step backwards only to earn a devilish smirk from Axel, "Why's that?"

I'm slightly taken back by the question, we're friends, friends care if the other is okay, right?

"You know you can just admit to me that you're into me right?" He grins raising his eyebrows at me suggestively only causing my whole face to burn. Stupid cheeks not now.

"You wish Wesley" I tease taking a step back on the window ledge. I stare up at the mesmerizing night sky as I position myself to jump. The cool air stinging at my skin before turning around to Axel who's back on his phone. An idea comes to my mind as I grab my phone observing the time.