die happy

Chapter 31. Die happy

"I can't do this!" I holler into my phone out of pure panic, my vans clicking against the expensive looking marble floor as I pace Justin's bathroom like a mad women, "Okay, take a deep breath, this is a good thing, these types of things are fun" Amber reassures, her tone calm as my heart continues beating at an unhealthy rate.

"Yeah when you aren't the only girl sure" I breath out, leaning on the sink with hands on my head, still gripping my phone, "Oh please, you've always been the only girl" Amber reminds me in a cheery tone.

"Not in bathing suits" I whine letting out an extra dramatic sigh, "What are you so afraid of? Axel seeing you in a bathing suit?" She retorts with a sly sound of mischief I can almost hear her malicious smirk through the phone.

"Try the whole team" I grumble with attitude clear in my tone, my whole body suddenly freezes at the sound of a knock at the bathroom door booming off the walls nearly putting me into cardiac arrest, "I gotta go" I hang up the phone slowly approaching the bright white door taking a deep breath before opening it.

To my surprise, it's Callie, Justin's younger sister just a grade below us. A taller, caramel skinned girl with dark curly hair hanging at her shoulders. Her smile bright and welcoming, "Hey I haven't seen you in so long!" She greets pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I reluctantly hug her back, my nostrils filled with her fruity but nice smelling perfume.

"I think I might be able to help you" She snickers grabbing my hand leading me through the dark halls to a door slightly open, light casting from the creak into the cherry mahogany floor of the hallway. She opens the door with her other hand letting go of mine as she does so entering the room.

I follow behind her, behind the door, a large bedroom with navy blue walls, pale yellow sheets, and black furniture. My eyes search the walls glancing at what seemed to be hundreds of pictures of up of Callie and friends plastered across the walls. Christmas lights hung at the ceiling lighting the whole room up in a blissful white glow.

I awkwardly stand in the middle of the room as Callie takes a few short strides towards me with a quizzical look buried deep into her sharp features.

"Hmm...take off your jacket" she states rather than asking, I don't protest, instead I unzip my washed out blue sweater setting it gently on her unmade bed.

My eyes immediately narrow in confusion as Callie's eyes search my body up in down as if she's sizing me, "Do a quick spin for me" her index finger signals a twirl, I comply, slowly and awkwardly doing a spin.

"May I ask what you are doing?" My voice comes out so high strung I hardly recognize it, "Hmm... you've got wide shoulders, probably from pitching I can assume, you are for sure lacking in the boob department, you've got a small waist as well, slim legs, but a bit of a butt on you meaning you've been a catcher more than a few times" I stare at her in shock, my eyes wide as she completely assessed me as if I was on project runaway.

"Am I wrong?" She offers a devilish smirk, Not at all, "No" I answer completely dumbfounded, only turning her smirk into a full out grin, "Great" and with that she spins around darting to one of her many dressers grabbing a deep maroon colored swim suit from her dresser flinging it at me.

"The bikini is mine from eighth grade year, should fit you" I pretend that didn't hurt my feelings, "You can change in here, I'll be out there" she explains in a sing song voice before exiting the room.

I blink a few times in attempt to register the gravity of what just happened before locking the door and changing into the bathing suit. After growing up with siblings, I've learned my lessons with locking doors.