Two Friends On A Perfect Day

Evan blinked hard and looked behind him at the boy who had grabbed his hand. Connor Murphy. He could've melt into the floor right then and there.

He nodded quickly "Yep, yeah, Evan Hansen, Evan Hansen, imsorryimsorry" Connor smiled softly at Evan "Why are you sorry?"
"Well it's just, you said my name and then I repeated it and just, it's just so annoying when people do that" Evan choked out. Connor chuckled quietly, covering his mouth with his hand. He was self conscious about either his laugh, his smile or both. Evan made a mental note that and shifted his weight on his feet. "I'm Connor Murphy"
"I know" Evan spat out almost immediately after Connor spoke "You, know?" Connor laughed quietly again "Yeah, yeah. Sorry"
"You're cute" Connor said mindlessly, clearly thinking out loud and not meaning to say that so Evan payed no mind to it, he just looked down to hide his pink cheeks.

Connor took a deep breath "Hey, do you wanna do something? Like together?" Evan's head practically shot up "R-Really?"
"Yeah, really" Connor shrugged nonchalantly as if he wasn't the biggest crush Evan had ever had on anyone, also his gayest one. Evan smiled and popped on the balls of his feet excitedly "Sure!" Said that way to excited Evan, too late now. Why didn't you go for something more casual like just a regular 'Sure' or the ever popular saying 'Sure man, let's go no homo it up'...wait, people don't say that do they? fffrick!

Connor smiled "Let's go then" He grabbed Evan's hand and pulled him out of the school, completely oblivious of how flustered he was making Evan by just breathing.

~~~

"Today was,, great" Evan said happily as he sat on a tree branch with Connor next to him. "Glad I could give you a good day." Connor smiled "Told you the ice cream at À La Mode was the best."
"I never doubted you."
"Hey look Ev, I've gotta get home before my parents throw a fit but um..." he thought for a second before grabbing Evan's arm quickly and taking a pen out of his pocket. Even flinched slightly "Ow"
"Sorry"

Connor messily scrawled his number on Evan's arm. "Text me later"
He'd worked out Evan had social anxiety pretty easily and the fact he probably wouldn't want to talk on the phone. It was almost like an offer of 'I understand you're going through hard times and I want to help this friendship adapt in a way that's most helpful to you'. Connor smiled at Evan before jumping off the tree, they weren't too high up.

Evan stayed for a while. The day really had been great.

They were just two friends on a perfect day.

A/n: Hi, sorry if that chapter felt a little rushed or short or wired, I had a lot of stress building up and so I didn't have a lot of motivation to write a lot of details. It was also kinda filler chapter to just get their friendship rolling. I promise not all chapters will be this trash. Okay, Bai
~Iz