I Like You Better In Red

Evan walked slowly through the cemetery, hands shaking, tears in his eyes.

He walked until he reached the grave he dreaded he would one day have to stand in front of.

Connor Murphy

Evan sat down in front of the grave and twirled grass in his hands. "The doctors said it's a miracle I woke up, that they were sure I was gonna die" he said softly. "I beat the odds, and I got these kickass scars on my wrists now to prove it." he chuckled sadly "If you had waited, just an hour more Connor, we could be together."

Evan put his hand over his mouth and started sobbing.

He calmed his crying and pulled a small backpack off his back and dug through it. "I made you something Connor." Evan pulled out a small flower crown of small red roses, poppies and amaryllis. "I was gonna just give you the flowers, but I thought you'd appreciate a crown a little more."

Evan placed the flower crown on top of the gravestone and smiled softly. "Fit for a prince, my prince."

He stared down at the grass and spoke to Connor for hours before looking up at the sky. "It's getting late, I should head home." Evan stood up and gathered his things and was about to leave before looking back down at the gravestone and he smiled.

"You know Connor, you look great in black,

but I like you better in red."

fin