Interlude: Sliding into them DM's like...

How in the fuck does one say hi to Jesus Christ? Do you bow? Do you fall to your knees and worship? What the fuck was she supposed to do? She was painfully aware that she was wearing lacy underwear-that barely covered her butt cheeks properly- a low-cut singlet, and no bra. She was half naked in front of Jesus Christ. Of all the fuck-ups in her life, this would probably be at the top. How many people can say they met Jesus with half their ass hanging out and their nipples poking through their shirt? Annie wanted to curl up and die.

Her right hand flew up to her chest, covering her cleavage, while her left hand flew down to cover her groin. Her face decided to do the best impression of a tomato it could.

"Uhhh...excuse me for a minute, please," She muttered, backing away towards the stairs.

Jesus held his hands up and smiled. "Please, take all the time you need," He said. "We need to head off anyway. We can talk another time."

Annie poked her head around the corner of the staircase. "You guys are leaving?" She asked, slightly panicked. She didn't have as much information on Jared as she would like. Is he doing better? When can she expect to see him again?

Jesus nodded. "We need to head home and help with the healing process. We will be in touch." He turned to the other brothers and waved them over. They all strolled towards the front door, leaving Annie and Paul alone. What the fuck? They couldn't just drop these bombs on her then leave. Where was Jared? How had Quinn gotten away from their other brother? She needed answers.

"Hey!" She called out. Jesus turned to look at her. "I have questions."

"I'm sure you do, but now isn't the time."

"When?"

"When Raphael is feeling better." With that, they all left.

Annie raced upstairs and got dressed; pulling on a pair of torn jeans and a tank top. When she came down stairs, Paul was at the front door.

"You too?" She accused.

Paul shrugged. "Not much we can do until Jared is better. We are assistants, Annie, not hunters. We can't do this without him."

"Can't one of the others fill in?" She didn't really want them to do so, she just didn't want to be cut off from the life she now knew. Even hunting with Marcus would help her still feel that connection. She felt like she was on the outside of a private meeting.

Paul ran a hand through his hair, which was in need of a trim. "No. The Archangels need to be..." he pointed up. "up there to help him heal. All the other Angels, the lower order, are busy. It's just time to play the waiting game."

Annie grit her teeth. She hated waiting, and worse than that, she hated waiting with no time frame. She strolled into the lounge room and flopped down on the couch; pulling a pillow towards her and squeezing it. Paul let out a long breath.

"I'll drop in occasionally to let you know what they tell me." He gave her a tight smile and left.

Annie grabbed the remote from the small table next to her and flipped on some garbage show about...well, she didn't really know. She couldn't focus. She sat back and settled in to her boredom as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

****

Four months later.

A single ding caught Annie's attention, ripping her from her dozing. She was lying in bed, Senor Quackington loafed on the pillow next to her. Her eyes fluttered open and she checked the clock. 1:13AM. Oh, for fuck sake!

She scooped up her phone and turned the screen on. Her heart rhino charged into her throat. A notification said New Message from The Nudist. That was Jared!She typed in her password, getting it wrong three times, and went into her messages.