Chapter 3

Abby

Ethan finally walks out of my office, and I hope my life for that matter. Things have been going great in my life I don't need it to be like it was two years ago, that caused so much pain and confusion to my life I can't let that happen again I refuse.

I hope he hasn't told Liam he found me.

"Well, that was something" I look up and Caleb is still standing at my door looking confused as ever but even confused he still manages to look undeniably sexy.

"Um yeah I'm sorry about that"

"No worries we all have our moments"

"Yeah, I guess so" we stand in an awkward silence just stealing glances at each other, laughing occasionally when we get caught. I don't know what's going on, but I feel like a teenager again.

"Soo" I break the silence not knowing why he's just standing in my office looking at me like he is.

"This probably isn't the time and you're probably going to say no but a man's got to try" I look around the room being the confused one at this moment.

"I wanted to ask you- god I feel like a teenager right now- do you maybe want to have dinner with me Abby Jones"

"As a date?"

"No -I mean yes but if you don't want it to be a date than we can simply go as friends"

"I'd love to have dinner with you" I smile reassuringly at him; he smiles a gorgeous smile stopping my heart in the process.

"Tonight at 8 I'll pick you up"

"It's a date" he walks out of my office leaving me with my own thoughts.
***

"Mike!" I scream as soon as I make it inside of the house. He needs to know what happened today.

"Gym" he responds, I go all the way to the room where our gym equipment is and find mike sweating like a pig.

"Shower right after but guess what happened today"

"Your boss was mean to you Aww come here I got you no one can be mean to my Abby"

"No, he's actually really nice and cute also we're going on a date tonight but that's beside the problem"

"Ouu look at you finally Abby has a date" I blush furiously swatting his arm.

"Ethan is here and he knows I'm here"

"Oh okay"

"Aren't you worried they might try and make me go back home"

"This is your home Abby for two years me and you have stayed here and you're a grown women who makes her own decisions" I think about it for a second than it clicks, mike is right I'm twenty years old with my own house and job I can make my own decisions they can't tell me to do anything.

I kiss his cheek before bolting to my room to change and get ready for this date I only have an hour, so I better make it count.