Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

I was half awake. I knew the sun hadn't risen yet, and I'd had a hard time sleeping all night. I didn't even want to know what time it was, and if I opened my eyes, there was no way I was going to be able to go back to sleep. My last conversation with Kaitlyn and Laura played over and over again in my head like a broken record. I couldn't believe I had dragged them into this.

However, the sound of my window being opened made me open my eyes and roll over so I was facing the window. Standing there was no other than Daniel, and I wished, in that moment, that I had locked the window before going to bed.

I sat up, pushing my curls out of my face. "What are you doing here?" No answer. He walked over to the bed. I sighed. "I thought I told you to stay away from me."

"Well, you thought wrong. You told my brother to stay away from you. Do you want me to leave?" he asked, hands in his pockets.

I didn't want to answer. A part of me wanted him to stay, but another part wanted to be left alone. I liked Daniel's company though, and I missed him coming over every night, but he was a tough nut to crack. Sometimes he was sweet, and other times he'd blatantly ignore me. He probably hated me just like Laura did. If I hadn't befriended him, he wouldn't be involved in my complicated life.

I shouldn't want him to stay. I should tell him to leave, but I couldn't. Because in reality, I didn't want to be alone, I wanted to be selfish and have him stay. With everything happening with Zayne, and Austin, and my sister being here, I didn't want to be alone. So, instead of telling him to leave, I scooted to the left, and made space for him to get in beside me.

He undressed partially and got under the blanket next to me. Tonight was especially chilly, and I didn't mind the extra body heat either.

I didn't realize I was staring until he said, "A picture lasts longer."

I pulled the blankets up over my head and blushed. Daniel was very good looking. He wasn't muscular, or chiseled, but had boyish features. He was softly toned, and a bit lanky, and I loved the ice blue of his always honest eyes. His lips were soft, and pink, and his hair had grown noticeably longer since the first day I saw him.

Peeking from under the covers, I blushed again when I realized he was looking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him. There was something different about him aside from his hair being slightly longer. I couldn't put my finger on it.

I watched him bite his lip and my eyes widened slightly when I noticed what was different. Slowly, I reached up and gently pulled his bottom lip from the hold of his teeth. I heard him draw in a breath as I ran my thumb over his lower lip. He didn't have in his lip rings in. He usually had two in that crossed into an X.

He moved closer, pressing into my touch just as I was about to move my hand. I looked up into his captivating blue eyes and couldn't look away. My thumb was still on his soft lips, and I couldn't help but remember the first and last time my lips touched his.

The first was in his house, and that had to be the most intense kiss I'd ever had. He wasn't much for taking it slow when doing things on a whim.

He moved a little closer but before our lips could he shifted me on top of him with my legs in either side of his waist, his hands on mine. "Daniel," I said breathlessly.

His hands moved from my waist, up my sides and to my neck. I watched his eyes linger on my neck, changing slightly before he blinked the faint red glow away. Curious, I moved my hair over my right shoulder and watched his lips part slightly as he stared at my exposed skin. I could feel his breath on my neck as I leaned in closer.