Broken Clockwork (part 2)

It was 8: 44 am- day of their wedding. He was with Rin. Len was standing near the wall as support. Rin was lying down. Dead.

'I failed again.' Len thought to himself as he stared at the white blanket over the cold body of his beloved. He kneeled to the ground with an expressionless face, hot tears flowing out without a sound. Nothing can be heard inside the almost empty operating room except for the footsteps of the doctor and nurses who are respectively leaving the couple inside.

Len could hear the loud wails of their friends just outside the room. The white painted walls of the operating room seemed to adapt a melancholy shade in Len's eyes.

How could he have let this happen again?

He was supposed to meet up with Rin. He called her first thing on the morning of his arrival to the past. They were just supposed to have coffe. But on her way, Rin was hit by a van. He could not understand the mechanics of this game. Is this even a game? A game where lives are at stake. A game with no way to learn the rules. If this really is a game, then he's sick of it. Just sick of it already. If this really a game, then he wants to quit, to forget he even played. If this really is a game, then it is one crappy game. But it's not.

This is the fifth-time Rin has died since their supposed-to-be wedding day.

When will this end? What could he do? How could he stop this?

'Please. Make it stop.'

With these thoughts in mind, Len fainted again.

Time travel is such a vexatious thing.

∞※∞

He didn't need to check the time and date when he came to. He's already memorized the time by now. Exactly 12 o'clock am, midnight, a day before their wedding, is the time he'd always come to. So when he came back again, he stared at the celling.

Her last death affected him greatly. He felt like he's barely hanging on a cliff. Slowly loosing the will to hang on. After what he experienced in her last death, her seventh death, her most tragic death so far. It was supposed to end this time. She was supposed to move on now. But he still hasn't left the deathloop.

He continued to stare at the ceeling, remembering her other deaths. The first, second and third time he came back was spent on research. He cut off all ties with everyone he knew, locked his house and removed every evidence that would point that he was at home. He wondered if his friends ever saw the car that he peculiarly left on the riverbank, oh yeah, they did. And that was the reason for Rin's second passing. She hit her head on a rock when she tried to swim in the river in hopes to find Len's body if he did die in the river, which didn't end with a heroic act.

The third-time Rin died was by slipping on the rail of the stairs in her haste of going down.

The fourth-time is when Rin was hit by a car because she was busy calling a certain someone.

Len didn't want to remember the next deaths. The fifth was too, brutal. And the sixth... Even though he know that she will eventually die then he'd go back via deathloop doesn't mean he does not get hurt every time she dies, especially if the reason is because she is worrying about him.

Len shook his head to rid of those thoughts and went over the information he has gathered so far. He reviewed all the deathloop situation he has been through, starting from Miku and Lenka's death in the bank robbery incident till Haku's death via car.

All of the deaths have three similarities.

One, all deaths end up on the same date and time, whatever happens, it always lands on the exact same time. If they died on this certain time, they would die the exact time that they died the first time.