Cookies

It was the perfect night for a sleepover. Rin’s parents were out and she needed someone, anyone to be with that night. She invited her best friend, Miku over, who invited Luka for bonding reasons, who invited Meiko who was supposed to go bar hopping before Luka invited her, who invited Kaito because he was being a baby, who invited Len, to be their maid. And what kind of sleepover would it be if it doesn’t have a game of poker.

Len was asked to get food after the first four rounds (in of course, he didn’t participate), which he begrudgingly obliged after a game of jan-ken-pon with all of them and few colorful sentences against Kaito, who repeatedly pointed out that it perfectly suited him, being a shota and all.

They were enjoying the game at first.

“Mwuahahaha! No one can beat me! No one! NO ONE! Mwuahahahahaha!” Rin exclaimed proudly as she defeated her four playmates in a game of poker, for ten consecutive times.

The game became downright annoying.

“How can you win at this game ten times times in a row?! You just have to be cheating.” Miku said exasperated that she has been utterly beaten by the blonde-haired girl in a simple game of poker. The teallette unceremoniously fell face first on a pillow, crying anime tears.

Luka picked up the cards that they were using and inspected it as if she was expecting to see it dance any moment now. “There has to be some kind of cheat. She’s cheating right?”

“She’s cheating.” Kaito, who was lying on the ground, said in an uncharacteristically unemotional face.

“I agree.” Meiko agress, nodding her head.

“Definitely cheating.” Miku said in a muffled tone, her face still planted on a pillow.

“Awww! You burn me so. I didn’t know that you guys actually think of me that low.” Rin dramatically said while fanning herself to add more sarcastic effects.

“Then explain how you beat all of us?!” Luka demanded Rin.

“Well she hasn’t defeated all of us really.” Len said as he suddenly came in, balancing all the snacks in two hands. Behind him was another tray that held a pitcher of ice tea and six glasses. It was not an easy task for him to do. He had to travel from the kitchen to Rin’s room on the second floor where they were playing at least two times. (Four times if he includes the trip where he drops all the drinks on the stairs and comes back to clean it. Of course, he will never say it to them. He won’t hear the end of it if he did.) Although no one really cared of his pain though. Len just sighed and put the snacks down.

“Oh the shota’s back.” Kaito said, gathering all the cards again and reshuffling them.

Luka took a bite out of the chocolate-covered pocky stick she got. “Seriously, how long does it take for someone to get a few snacks?” She said, taking another bite.

“Finally. Something to eat.” Miku practically drooled when she saw all the food that was layed in front of them.

Len had a large pot on his face as he put down the drinks. “They didn’t even notice m---”

“Pass me the drinks guys.”

“Oi, leave some chips for me.”

“Hey why aren’t there cookies?”

“Excuse me! I am still tal---”

“Oh Len. You’re here?”

“Gahhaaa! That hit the spot! It would be better if it was sake though.”

“Pocky? Where did the pocky go? Miku give it back this instant!”

“No! You know the rules Luka. Finders Keepers!”