At the moment

Chapter 1 (Start)

Len's POV

10:00 pm.

The sound of my game is on high volume.

Evade.

Evade.

Jump.

Slash.

Slash.

Pierce.

Attack combo.

Special Skill

You have beaten the final boss!

A sigh escapes my lips as I ignored the scrolling credits. It didn't matter to me who made the game anyway. It was just a bunch of names scrolling down a black background.

You have finished the game! Would you like to restart?

Yes ⇦

No

Yes

No ⇦

Yes ⇦

No

Yes ⇦

No

Welcome to the kingdom of...

Skip

I pressed the skip option. I read the prologue already a lot of times anyway.

*grrrrrrrrrggllllll*

I hear my stomach grumble. I wonder when was the last time I actually ate. Normally, a shut-in like me has no care about recieving all the necessary nutrients since I don't exert much energy. I mean,why should I waste it on trivial matters such as making acquaintances and in this case, making food when I do not feel hunger in the slightest. But right now, I guess two days without food can be a good reason to eat. My body could handle a week with only water intake, but I highly doubt I would grow the normal height at this rate. I admit that I am already short as it is.

I put down my console after I pause the game and made my way to the fridge. But as I open the fridge, only coldness and emptiness greeted me.

The fridge had almost nothing inside, other than a bottle of cold water and the cool, crisp electrically refrigerated air.

*grrrrrrrrrggllllll*

My stomach grumbled again, signifying that it's time to hit the convenience store.

▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

The Alden Empire,

the game I have been playing earlier, and currently my most disliked game. However, I have played that game over and over a lot of times. I have already memorized all the special skills and all the right equipment to have. I know exactly what to do and what option to choose.

Technically, that game could be considered an artifact. Most games used now are in virtual reality. Computer screens long substituted by holographic plasma screens.

But still. It's the only game that I would dare to play. And that is the computer I would only dare to play that game on.

I am not a NEET gamer. I just happen to play the game every time I get a break. And if I were, I would not bother using that ancient piece of scrap metal for anything.