Part 2: Prophecy

I looked at Katie when Alenia stormed in, demanding to know about the prophecy

I looked at Katie when Alenia stormed in, demanding to know about the prophecy. Katie smiled, but I could tell that she was exasperated with her. Announcing the prophecy to everyone in the Lore space.

"Let's go into my office," She said. I followed, slowly walking behind Alenia and her hurricane of emotions. I wasn't doing too great myself. Alenia wouldn't respond well, I knew that much, and I wasn't sure I was ready to share the prophecy. She was in Lore now, though, so I couldn't keep it away from her any longer. She deserved to know, and maybe once she did...

Michael, Katie, and I stood in Katie's office at the Lore Guild Hall

Michael, Katie, and I stood in Katie's office at the Lore Guild Hall. After getting into Lore I'd barely made it through class, tapping my feet and getting distracted all day, until the last bell rang and I could find them. I'd given into his stupid desire emotion, I'd compiled to the blackmail, and I'd joined Lore; it was time to find out why.

"Oh welcome to Lore, I just knew you'd make it," Katie said to fill the time. We were waiting for a video call to go through, apparently, they couldn't tell me themselves. Cowards. 

I didn't reply, my arms still crossed. Whoever it was that was in charge of telling this information sure was taking their time accepting the video conference. The lack of distraction meant that I was plenty aware that Michael was in the room. I knew it had to do with him, maybe we were going to kill each other, but I still wished he wouldn't be there. I hadn't forgiven him for messing with my mind, and he was finally letting the overwhelming desire to join Lore fade. As it did I grew upset that I was in Lore at all.

Fucking empaths.

After what seemed like hours the call was answered, and an older, but not old, woman sat in front of the camera. She had soft brown hair put up into some sort of braid, and her green eyes lit up when she saw me.

"Oh, Alenia!" She said, exclaiming my name even though we'd never met. "Oh, it is such an honor to meet you!" Her voice was both soft and raspy, but easy to understand. I had a feeling that were she here with us in person, she would hug me. "And Katie and Michael, always a pleasure."

"Hello Safia," Michael said indulgently.

"Hi, Safia!" Katie said, as happy and chipper as usual. "How are you? How are the kids?"