This Time

It all started when we first met. It all started with a little talk.

"So, you're from Davao?" I asked her.

"Uhm, yes. I just came here to study and to play volleyball. Ateneo recruited me din kasi." she replied.

"Ohh. So, you'll choose Ateneo na talaga? You won't consider other schools?" I asked curiously. Well, I am not sure pa kasi. I am practicing with Ateneo's archrival for weeks now. I just came here to try Ateneo's training.

"I played with the La Salle women's volleyball team, though. They're good naman. But when I first entered Ateneo kasi, I was amazed. I even told my mom na this is the school where I want to study. I felt Ateneo's environment is different from the others. No offense ah? I know kasi na you're from a green pedigree." she stated.

Why is she so cute?

"Oh. No, no. It's okay. No offense taken. By the way, how did you know that I came from the family of the La Sallians? Are you my stalker? Hahaha." I joked.

Her chinky eyes gone wide.

"Hindi ah! Well, you're somehow famous na kasi, Ms. de Leon. Some people are saying na you'll be ate Aby's replacement in the middle position."

"Pfft! They're really thinking about that? I am not sure pa nga if I'll really pursue La Salle."

"But you're from a green pedigree. Why not pursue it?"

"Don't you want me to be your teammate?" I teased.

"In Ateneo? Of course, it'd be an honor to be your teammate." she smiled.

"You really are a blue blooded Lady Eagle now?" I asked.

"Yes. Out and proud blue blooded Lady Eagle." she answered and gave me a wide smile.

I shook my head. This girl is the cutest. Nawawala yung mata nya when she smiles.

"I am Isabel Beatriz de Leon. You can call me Bea or Bei, or your bae. Hehe. Your new teammate." I introduced myself.

Yes. After how many weeks of practicing with the Archers, I finally found my home. And it's here. It's here in the Eagle's nest.

Her eyes gone wide with excitement and joy. What a cutie!

"You're choosing Ateneo? You'll study here?! You'll play for blue and white?!" she asked ecstatically.

"Yes, Miss."

"Oh! I am Madeleine Yrenea Madayag. Your new teammate." she smiled.

Why does she keep on smiling? Doesn't she know it makes my heart melt?

And that was the start of our story.

We became batchies. We became friends. We became best friends.

And we became lovers.

It was one starry night. After I locked her out on the balcony, she got mad at me.

And that was the moment I realized that my heart breaks every time she's mad at me. That I am sad when she's mad at me. I am not me when Maddie's mad at me.

"Uhmm, hey. I know what I did was wrong. I am sorry. I thought it was fun, but it wasn't. Please don't be mad at me. Hindi ko kayang magalit ka sa akin, Mads." I said.

We are on the balcony.

She's not answering. She's just looking up on the sky, watching the stars.

"I know, I get on your nerves sometimes, or most of the time but.."

Should I say it? Yes, I should.