Insecurities

"What the fuck was that?! You just denied me? Ano yun?!"

"I didn't mean it that way, babe. I-- I just.. I just don't know what to say. It wasn't my intention to deny you."

"You just fucking denied me! I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND!! Right?! Girlfriend mo pa ba ako?! If you really love me, you should man the fuck up!!"

"I love you!! God knows how much I love you!! I just can't stand other people's opinion about us! I just can't stand seeing the disgust on their face every time they see us! I just can't bear hearing their snide remarks! Their words kill me!"

"So that's it?! Just because you can't stand with their damn remarks, you'll forget me?! You'll set aside my feelings?! JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR FUCKING INSECURITIES?!! Sa tingin mo, hindi ako nasasaktan every damn time you deny me?! What the fuck is happening with you?! You committed with this fucking relationship! You should've thought about those shits before you said yes to me!!"

"I said yes because I love you! I never thought that it'll be as hard as this! Please understand me, Zoe!"

"I am always trying to understand you, Mads! Believe me, I always do, but I am fucking tired with this shit!"

"W--what?! What did you just say? B-by saying s-shit, y-you mean our r-relationship?"

"Jesus Christ!! Yes, Madeleine!! I am fucking tired with this toxic relationship! Ako lang yung proud sayo! And you? You don't give a damn about me! You only care for your image! You only care about yourself!! Maybe, that's the reason why your ex left you! Because maybe, she was damn tired understanding your shits! She was tired being with you if you can't even man the fuck up and be honest to the world who you really are! You are not worth the time!! You aren't worth the love!! You're---" Zoe was cut off.

"STOP! STOP! PLEASE!! STOP!" Maddie yelled, covering her ears with her palms. Her eyes are shut, tears are starting to flow.

"What?! Are you scared of hearing the truth?! People leave you because of you! It's always your fault! You have the problem in you, Madeleine!! You're fucked up because of your shits!! You have no one with you because you only care for yourself!! I am done with this! I am done with you!! We're over now!!" Zoe snapped, and walked out.

Naiwan si Maddie na umiiyak. Zoe's words are killing her. Pabalik-balik sa isip nya lahat ng sinabi ng girlfriend, scratch that, EX girlfriend nya.

And that was the day when Maddie started to build her walls up. That was the day when her insecurities ate her up. She started to believe Zoe's words.

++++++

It's been 3 years since Maddie changed. The joyful and goofy Madeleine turned into a gloomy and aloof one.

Since the day when Zoe spit those words to Maddie, the latter never committed any relationship with anyone. Not because she still loves Zoe, but because of the words that were thrown at her. Those words linger in her. She believes everything Zoe has said. Those words made her feel that she's unlovable; that no one will stay by her side forever, that she deserves to be alone for her lifetime. Maddie became so distant towards other people, even with her family and friends. She built a strong wall against everyone.

"So, will you go out with me for lunch?! Please.." Someone pleads.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I have some work to do? Can you just shut up and leave me alone?" Maddie replied coldly.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I won't stop pestering you until you accept my offer? Can you just say yes and come with me?" The other girl replied with a wide grin.