Good Cop, Bad Cop

A short and fluffy update. 😊

---------

"Focus girls! One more set pa!" Maddie instructed as she stands in the middle of the court.

"But Mads, we've been training for almost three hours. Nonstop. I believe that the old ones can handle it, but the rookies?" Kat asked.

"I'm just taking advantage of the situation whilst Beatriz isn't around to spoil the kids. We know she---"

"Good evening, ladies! I brought some snacks! Come on girls!" Bea greeted as soon as she entered the BEG, interrupting what Maddie was whispering to Kat.

"See?" Maddie sighed, massaging her temples.

Kat just shook her head and proceeded to the sidelines where the girls are now huddling.

"Babe! Come on! I brought your favorite sweets!" Bea rushed to Maddie.

"Do you know that we were having a good time training here?" Maddie asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Nope. That was not what I have heard. The rookies are tired."

"Who isn't?"

"You and the seniors, I guess? You're used to this kind of training, but the rookies aren't. Chill baby, trust yourself, trust the team."

"I trust the team, babe. I just... I just don't want to disappoint the Ateneo community again, like what I did last year." Maddie whispered, looking down.

"Hey, hey. Look at me, babe." Bea cooed, cupping Maddie's face.

"YOU.DID.GREAT! Okay? You did your best. You did amazing last year. It's just that the moment wasn't ours. We are lucky to have you in the team, and as a team, we will do our best to be back on top. Trust the process. Okay?" Bea said, kissing Maddie's forehead.

Maddie said nothing. She hid her face on Bea's neck, inhaling her lover's scent.

"Come on! Let's all eat! Stop making us jealous because we don't have that 'oh so perfect relationship'" Sam shouted.

Bea just shook her head while smiling from ear to ear.

"See? They don't respect our seniority anymore." Maddie pouted.

"They do, babe. They're just teasing us." Bea answered as she drags Maddie to where the girls are.

"You spoil them too much."

++++++

"What?! But I already told them that we are gonna have our training tonight!" Maddie exasperated.

"Eh, ate Bea forced them po eh. She was forcing us nga din but we refused. Vanie and Bela can't do anything 'cause she dragged them po. They'll have merienda lang naman daw po." Jaycel explained.

"Hindi na 'ko nagtataka. That's what she did with Jules when she was just a rookie eh, diba? Hangout here, hangout there." Kim said.

"But we have a game tomorrow!" Maddie said as she tries to call Bea.

"Oh! Where the hell are you?! Where the hell did you bring the kids?!"

"........."

"And?! I need you guys to be here! We have a fucking game tomorrow, Isabel Beatriz!"

"........"

"Bring your ass here in the BEG right now, with the kids!"

"......."

"I love you your face!! Bye!"

Maddie ended the call, her nose flaring up because of anger.

The team started their training, waiting for the three to arrive.

When the familiar figures stepped inside the BEG, Maddie rushed to them.

"Bela and Vanie, proceed to the locker room now and change. Isabel Beatriz, we will talk!" Maddie said sternly.

Bela and Vanie said their apologies and proceeded.

"Hi?" Bea greeted with her wide smile.

"Isabel Beatriz Paras de Leon.." Maddie said, glaring at Bea.

"Uhm, yeah?"

"How many times did I tell you that we'll focus on training tonight kasi we have game tomorrow?!"

"I just bonded with the rookies, babe."

"You forced them. Sinabi sa 'kin nung mga nagpaiwan na you had to drag Bela and Vanie para sumama sayo."

"Eh, I just want to be close with them lang naman."

"Beatriz, I love you. I really do, but darating talaga 'yung araw na sasapakin na talaga kita. 'Pag 'yang dalawa, hindi umayos ang performance bukas, sasapakin kita. Mark my word." Maddie said before turning her back against her girlfriend.

"I'll do my best to be the best tomorrow, babe. Trust your girl." Bea said as she laced her hand around Maddie's waist, walking back to their teammates.

"I trust you." Maddie answered.

++++++

"This is what I am talking about!" Maddie whispered.

Fifth set na and they need to win the game.

"This is what I was telling you!" Maddie whispered to Bea as she pinched her side.

"Ouch! Eh, trust your teammates, baby." Bea answered and tapped her chest.

It was one crucial timeout when Maddie looked at Bea. She trusts her girl and she knows what Bea can do.

"Bea de Leon." Maddie said, looking at Bea's eyes. (Dunno if this really happened, but we can imagine. Hahaha)

Bea met her gaze, and with that, they know what to do.

And THEY WON!! THEY SUCCEEDED!!

They're heading back to the dugout, the two are inseparable.

"Maligo muna kayo bago landian." Jaja butted in, and the team laughed.

"Mauna na nga kayo dun." Bea answered.

The two are walking while Bea's arm is wrapped around Maddie's shoulder.

"We won! Thank you for trusting me, baby." Bea said.

"I trust you. I always do, babe."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you, too."

And Bea kissed Maddie's temple.

"But the next time you take the girls out while we're having our training, you'd surely see how good I am in Wushu." Maddie smiled.

"So strict, baby. So strict."

"And you're so loose, baby. You spoil them too much."

Bea laughed hysterically.

"I just realized that we really are meant for each other. We're so odd yet we attract each other so much." Bea smiled.

"You're the bad cop, while I am the good one. And with that, we'll lead this team together." Maddie added.

"Do you want to play The Cop and The Robber later, babe?" Bea suggested, smiling coyly.

"Shut up, Beatriz. I am tired!" Maddie blushed.

-----------

Sabaw! Babye! 😪😂