Chapter Forty

"Peyton!" A familiar voice, the voice of an angel, sounded scared out of his mind for me as I heard the unit garage door close with a startling rattle and slam. I didn't care, I cried out, "Lucian!" He was just in a light grey fitted tee and some jeans, he ran to me with his big Timberland boots stomping like a mad man.

"Oh god, baby," he grabbed my face and kissed me just for a second, even though we're broken up, and he went for the zip tie at my wrists. He pulled on the long end to loosen the lock, but it dug into my skin even further and I hissed. "Ah, fuck!"

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," he mumbled in concentration before beginning to show a flicker of a smile in success, I could feel the zip tie loosen just a little. In fact, I heard the lock crack. He dug in his pocket super quick and slipped something under my shirt, and into my bra, it felt incredibly cold.

But then that last little pillar keeping my world from crashing down, snapped in half, I heard heavy footsteps quickening toward us, and before I could shout for him to run, he grunted in pain and I screamed.

"Nice fucking try, but my princess can't go just yet. Why don't you go sit down," Dean spat, pulling his now terribly bloody dagger from Lucian's abdomen and checking to see if I had a chance at getting free. As far as he could see, I didn't. Idiot. "And if you want live to say goodbye, you'll take this to slow down the process of bleeding out and you will sit down," he pulled a clean rag of strange fabric and forcefully pushed it onto Lucian's deep wound, and his wince broke my heart into a trillion pieces.

I swear, I had never seen Lucian so angry in my life. If he wasn't scared for my life right now, he'd be fuckin' throwing hands. He walked over to the wall across from us and sat down, leaned against it. The way he looked at me, crushed me. I knew I left him heartbroken, he looked basically dead inside. He looked so tired. He had dark bags under his nearly bloodshot eyes, he looked like he barely gave a damn about his own self at this point. I hated that I'd caused him so much pain. But that's why we needed to keep our distance in the first place, and I'm not going to change my mind.

It felt like we just sat there in murderous silence for hours, but really it was maybe forty five minutes tops before Trevor walked in looking just as stressed as Lucian, but not as disheveled. Dean snapped his fingers and walked toward him, holding out his hand. "Gun, bitch." Ooh. Even I felt the vein in Trevor's neck burst.

"Why the fuck am I here and not arresting you? If you've hurt her, I'm going to nail your ass fifty times over," his eyes darted to me as he regretfully handed the key to getting out of here possibly alive to Dean, checking me out but just to make sure I had no severe injuries.

"I did nothing but put her in her place,"

"Oh fuck you." I sneered at him. He pivots on his heels to look at me. "Watch your mouth, princess, I've now got a gun in my hand. And to answer your question, agent, you're here because what better audience to do this in front of than the men who've loved this woman more than she loved them?"

"Not true!" I denied.

"Second warning, doll. I would've invited Jesse, but he can't be here at the moment. Oh, wait..." Dean grimaced, 'remembering' that he shot Jesse. My hands begin to shake from anger and I could feel my face burning. "Hm. Too soon? Oh well. Can I ask you a question? And you don't really have much of a choice, 'cause this gun is loaded, and your boys ain't wearing Kevlars."

"Yes?" I'm so glad I used to be a dancer, ballet, I'm not fucking Mette Towlev, otherwise my feet would be dead from being on my toes for so long.