~ chapter 21 ~

"Hey, let's get everyone off the roof. And see if you can stall the ME for five minutes. I've got two experts of my own coming to take a look." I heard Sheriff Stilinski saying to one of the Deputies.

"You have experts on teenage cannibals?" the Deputy asked.

"Five minutes, Parrish." the Sheriff and all the Police Officers left then. "Hey. Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear we need to be quick about this," he said when he saw us on the edge of the roof.

I and Derek walked to the body and saw it. I couldn't believe that he actually tried to kill me and Liam. That boy looked like the normal ones.

"He named himself a Wendigo," I told to the two men who were staying right in front of me.

"Cannibalistic shape-shifters. But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time." Derek added.

He was a little mad at me 'cause I got involved in all of this. I could tell this from the look in his eyes. I knew that I couldn't lie to my own Beta. I was the only Hale Alpha left and Derek decided that I should be the Alpha of the Hale pack, even if Peter, my biological father, wasn't okay with that. I don't consider all the things that he says right. I mean... he killed his own niece, my cousin and Derek's sister only to be an Alpha. Even if he was my dad, I wouldn't trust or like that guy, ever.

"Must have been well-hidden." the Sheriff said.

"Kylie, how many people were up here?" Derek asked me.

"Just Sean, me, Scott and the axe-murderer who apparently has no mouth." I lied to Derek.

I knew that he could hear my heartbeats but I was a pretty good liar.

"You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" the Sheriff asked my cousin.

"There was someone else. Someone young. And male." Derek told us.

Then I realized that it was getting worse.

"You can smell his fear?" the Sheriff asked.

"And his blood," Derek added.

Then the two men gave me a look usually meaning "Did you tell us the truth?". I looked back at them and then put on a big fake smile.

"Don't look at me, okay? I was unconscious most of the time." I told them.

In that night I lied my ass off so much.

~

I was in Derek's car, trying to think only about my healing and nothing else than Derek slammed the car door. He gave me a disappointed look and then turned the engine on.

"What?" I asked him.

"Who else was on the roof?" he asked me.

"I told you. Nobody else was on the roof." I lied my ass off again.

"Come on! Even if I lost some of my power, I can still hear your heartbeats. When began to rise, I knew that you were lying." he told me.

"Fine... It was another teenage boy. His name is Liam. Scott kinda bit him... but he did it to save his life. The Wendigo tried to push Liam off the roof. He could of die if Scott didn't bite him." I told Derek looking in his eyes.

~

The next morning, at school, I went with Stiles and Scott to catch Liam.

"Liam, hey! We need to talk." Scott told his new Beta.

"No, you need to back the hell up, okay? All of you." Liam told to the three of us.