Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“How come the guys aren’t just coming over?” Dylan asked as we got into his car.

“It’s Sunday night.” I laughed. “Most of them have family dinners.”

Dylan just nodded, turning on his car.

“Want to come in?” I asked as we got to my house.

He hesitated. “Sure.” He grinned.

“The other guys will be here after dinner, around 8 or so. Don’t worry.” I laughed. “But I’m just waring you, because it’s your first day, they’ll do all that cliche shit of ‘getting to know you’.”

“Uh... Should I be scared?” Dylan teased, shutting his door.

“Nah. It’s just stupid stuff like truth or dare and never have I ever.” I laughed as we headed up to the front door. My parents were in the kitchen, and frowned when they saw me.

“Who’s this?” My mom asked harshly.

“This is Dylan. He’s um, my friend.” I said. “Dylan, that’s my mom and dad.”

“Hi, I’m Dylan. Nice to meet you Mr. Carson, Mrs. Carson.” Dylan said, shaking both of their hands. My dad actually smiled.

“Are you staying for dinner?” Dad asked him.

Dylan looked back at me. I just shrugged, completely unsure how to handle this. I never was allowed to have a friend over for dinner.

“Sure.” Dylan smiled.

“Excellent. I’ll call you up when dinner’s on the table. Nice to meet you Dylan.” My mother said. I just gave them weird looks and grabbed Dylan’s hand, pulling him downstairs with me.

“Geez.” Dylan laughed.

“Oh God. I don’t know how to do this.” I said, shaking my head.

“Do what?”

“Have them like one of my friends!” I laughed. “They hate the team.”

Dylan smiled.

“I’m just that amazing.” Dylan laughed. I just looked at him.

“Yea you are.” I admitted. Dylan smiled, his eyes meeting mine. I suddenly realized how close we were. There was barely a foot between us.

“So um, uh, do you want to watch TV or something?” I asked, suddenly jumping back. “I was just going to- uh- I’m going to have a shower.” I mumbled.

Dylan was just standing there.

“Make yourself comfortable.” I said, quickly darting into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, and just let my hair down naturally. It instantly curled up and I sighed as I pulled on some cotton shorts and t-shirt. I walked out of my room to join Dylan and smiled at him, sitting on the couch.

“You’re watching the news?” I laughed.

“Yea.” He shrugged. “They’re talking about the VMAs.” Dylan said as I sat down next to him.

“Oooh. Fancy.” I giggled, watching the TV with him.

We flipped around random channels, until my mom called us up for dinner.

Dylan sat in between me and Sofia, who kept looking at him weirdly.

“Do you play on Samantha’s team?” Sofia asked as soon as we’d sat down.

“Yep. I just moved here from Colorado.” Dylan smiled.

Dinner went by much better than I expected, and my parents actually talked to me. I don’t know why, they just really really liked Dylan. After dinner, my parents actually stayed at the table, and I didn’t protest when I was told to stay too.