Chapter 25

Chapter 25

“Who’s that?” Andrew whispered, pointing to an older woman talking to Dylan. 

“Oh God it’s his great aunt. She hates me.” I muttered, turning around to face Andrew rather than standing next to him. 

“They have the cutest little appetizers!” Marissa said excitedly, walking up to us with a plate of multiple pigs in a blanket. 

I laughed, taking one off of her plate. Andrew did the same and we exchanged looks as Marissa pretended to be upset. 

“Where’s dad?” Andrew asked Marissa. 

“Talking with some parents somewhere.” Marissa shrugged. “It amazes me how close he is with this team.” 

“He’s basically like our second dad.” I said. 

“He literally is your second dad.” Andrew teased. 

I rolled my eyes. “You know what I mean.” 

“Is your family coming?” Marissa asked, raising her eyebrows. 

“They were supposed to, but my youngest sister was up all night with a stomach bug, and my dad didn’t want to leave her home alone, and he didn’t want to deal with all the secret service that would be required for a public event.” I shrugged, looking down at my feet. “But it’s cool. I’ve got this family.” 

“Boo.” Someone said behind me. 

I laughed as Dylan wrapped his arms around my shoulders, kissing my cheek. 

“Okay, boundaries?” I asked with a giggle. 

“Eh it’s just Andrew.” Dylan shrugged, turning me to face him. “And his mom.” Dylan added with a shrug. 

“You look handsome.” I told him, smoothing down his tie. 

“You look absolutely gorgeous.” Dylan said, kissing my nose. 

“You’re awfully touchy feely today.” I raised my eyebrows. 

“I can’t help myself when you just look so touchable.” Dylan winked, giving my hips a little squeeze. “Is this dress new?” 

“It is. My mom bought it for me last week.” I smiled, giving Dylan a little twirl. 

It was a little green sundress that had a cut open back. 

“So... Brian’s driving back to Ann Arbor after the wedding... And my family is staying in a room at this hotel.” Dylan said, wiggling his eyebrows. “So if you’d like, you can spend the night.” 

“Ah, no can do buddy. We’ve got football practice tomorrow.” I grinned, my eyes meeting his. 

Dylan’s smile faded. 

“You’re leading it?” Dylan asked quietly. 

I nodded, unable to control the grin that spread on my face. 

“No no no...” Dylan groaned. “You’re too tough.” 

“Oh don’t you worry. We’ve got 6 whole months to make up.” I winked, kissing his cheek. “Go talk to more of your family. I’ll see you later.” 

Dylan groaned before kissing my forehead and quickly walking off. 

“Are your practices really that bad?” Andrew asked as I turned back to him and his mom. 

I just grinned. “Just wait.” I said excitedly. “Ah I’m so excited to be back on the field!” I said happily, doing a little bounce. 

“Look at that! Sam’s wearing heels and not falling over!” Nate laughed, walking up to me with Ryan.