Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“I love you.” I whispered, resting my head on Dylan’s chest.

He kissed my forehead.

“I love you too.” He replied, holding me close to him. I sighed and shut my eyes.

“You know... Every time I hear this song, I’m going to think of you.” He said softly as ‘Give Me Love’ by Ed Sheeran played softly in the background.

I nodded, letting out a soft sigh as I rested my head on his chest.

“So...” I whispered, looking up at him. “You ready for regionals?” I laughed.

“Fuck yea.” Dylan smiled. “When are they?” He asked.

“2 weeks.” I grinned. “Then it’s Nationals 4 weeks after that.”

“Ooh. Fancy.” He whispered, kissing my forehead again. I frowned as Dylan’s phone started ringing. I rolled over in his extremely small bed to answer it.

“Hello?” I answered, not looking at the idea.

“Whoa Sam why are you answering Dylan’s phone?” Nate asked.

“Why are you calling Dylan?” I asked.

“Because we were supposed to be working on our history project this morning but he didn’t show up.” Nate frowned.

“Oh. Here he is.” I said, handing the phone to Dylan.

“Hello?” Dylan asked, lazily looking at me. His eyes widened and he sat up. “Oh shit. Yea um, just uh, just come over.” Dylan said, pushing back the covers and jumping out of bed. I squeaked and covered my bare body.

Dylan rattled off his address, then hung up. “Nate’s coming over in 2 minutes.” Dylan said to me. My eyes widened and I jumped up, holding the covers around my body. Dylan laughed as I grabbed a towel from his closet and wrapped it around myself.

“I’ll be in the shower.” I said. Dylan nodded, pulling on a pair of boxers. He followed me out into the hall.

“Colton! Ethan!” He called. The twins came out of Noah’s room, and smiled at us.

“Have fun last night?” Ethan smirked, raising his eyebrows.

“Nate’s coming over he doesn’t know about us okay?” Dylan said, pushing his brothers into his room. I laughed and walked into the bathroom.

I took my time in the shower, trying to relive every moment of the perfect night I had last night...

We’d won the football game, by a particularly large margin, and then Dylan and I had made excuses to get out of the party. We’d gone back to his house, and he’d had a whole romantic thing set up, with candles, and pillows, and blankets, and it was just adorable.

I stepped out of the shower, and swore when I realized I didn’t have any clean clothes with me...

Well. Nate was going to be a bit confused.

I carefully walked out into the hallway, and was quite embarrassed to see Kate. I held the towel tighter around me and gave her an awkward smile.

“Hi.” I mumbled.

“Hey sweetie.” She grinned. Unlike a normal person, who would keep walking, she stopped in front of me and attempted to have a conversation.

“Look, I know that it’s not really my place to say this to you, but from what I’ve gathered, your parents weren’t all that involved in your personal life...” Kate said softly. “And I just... I really care what happens with my son, and you of course, you’re like a daughter to me, and I just want to make sure that you... that you’re being careful...”