Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“We’ve got some stuff to discuss.” My dad told me, giving me a look. 

“Okay yea but I don’t get why that has to be in your office? Why can’t you just tell me now?” I rolled my eyes, not looking up from my laptop. 

“Because we’ve got somebody down in my office waiting for you.” My dad told me. 

“But I’m busy.” 

“Doing what?” 

“Stuff.” 

My dad sighed, leaning against the doorframe. 

“It has to do with football.” He told me. 

I looked up, skeptically looking at him. “What about football?” 

“Come on down to my office before that team of yours breaks something.” My dad said, a knowing smirk on his face. 

“No!” I gasped, jumping up from my bed. “No way!” 

I ran as fast I could to my dad’s office in the West Wing. Nearly running over very official looking people, I stumbled through the door of his office extremely out of breath. 

A smile crossed my face as I saw who was in the office. Nate and Dylan were sitting on his couch, while Luke and Matt were looking at the pictures on the walls. Andrew just looked extremely out of place, standing there with his hands in his pockets. 

Everybody stood up, turning to look at me as I walked through the door. 

I didn’t know who to go to first. 

So I just ran forwards, pulling both Nate and Dylan into a hug at the same time. 

Both of them groaned as I accidentally pushed their heads against each other. 

“Alright alright, let’s everyone take a seat.” My dad laughed, shutting the door behind him. 

Matt and Luke easily sat down on the couch opposite Dylan and Nate, but Andrew was still standing awkward and alone. 

I gave him a look, grabbing his hand to pull him down on the couch as I squeezed in between Nate and Dylan. 

“Sam, do you know what this Friday is?” My dad asked me. 

“Of course. It’s our first game of the- their first game of the season.” I said, with a nod. “How could I not know what Friday is?” 

“Where will you be on Friday?” My dad asked. 

“Sitting in bed watching the live stream that Coach said he’d set up from the sideline for me.” I grinned. “And hold on why are all of you here? You’ve got 3 days before the game shouldn’t you be practicing?” 

“Ah there’s some stuff with getting a new player or whatever.” Nate shrugged. 

“Okay can I just say it the suspense is killing me!” Dylan blurted, leaning forwards. 

I looked at him expectantly as my dad nodded. 

“You’re coming back to the team!” Dylan exclaimed. 

I just looked at him, my mouth falling open. I looked back at my dad with wide eyes.

“You’re joking.” I whispered. “Daddy you’ve got to be joking right now.” 

My dad just grinned at me. “I’m not joking, Sammy. Now it’s going to be a little bit different from last time you stayed with the Peters, they’ve redone their garage, originally for Brian, but you’re staying there. No funny business in Dylan’s room.” My dad told me, causing Nate to laugh and reach behind me to playfully shove Dylan’s shoulder.