Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“I fucking hate this!” I exclaimed, searching through my bag frantically. Why was it that most games started like this?

“Lose a tampon again?” Nate teased.

“No!” I screamed. “I can’t find a pony tail band!”

“Girl problems.” Ryan teased.

I groaned and put my hands on top of my head.

“Why so stressed?” Nate asked, walking over to me.

“My moms coming to the game.” I grumbled. “And coach said there’s going to be scouts here.”

“Your moms coming?!” Luke exclaimed.

“Now you see why I’m freaking out!” I exclaimed.

“Heres a rubber band.” Dylan smiled, walking up to me.

“Oh thank you.” I smiled, taking it from his hand. “You’re a life saver.” I grinned, flipping my hair up into a pony tail. Once my hair was safely out of my face, I pulled on my socks and shoes, then grabbed my helmet.

“So how was the dinner last night?” Ryan asked as we all walk out to the field after coach’s talk.

“Really good.” I smiled as Dylan appeared next to me.

Ryan gave me a weird look.

“You actually had fun at a party your parents threw?” Ryan laughed.

“Well the party itself wasn’t fun.” I laughed. “But I didn’t have a bad time last night.”

I heard the marching band playing as we waited to run out to the field.

“Good luck.” Dylan said softly in my ear.

“You too.” I smiled, turning around to face him.

“You’re coming over after, right?” He asked. I nodded, grinning. We were having dinner at his house tonight.

“I’m excited to meet your family.” I said happily. I hadn’t met them yet, but from what Dylan said, they were excited to meet me.

“Only 5 of my brothers will be home.” He replied.

“I don’t care.” I said.

“You seem happy.” Nate said as we jogged out to the field.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” I said, smiling.

Nate just shrugged. “Your mom is here.”

“Yea that’s a good thing.” I said, looking in the stands for her. She saw me and waved excitedly. I laughed and turned to Dylan.

“Let’s go.” I grinned, nudging his arm with mine. Dylan nodded and we jogged over to coach on the sideline.

******************************

“Okay boys I have someone I want you to meet.” Coach said, walking into the locker rooms.

The guys and I crowded around coach and the two men beside him. We were still in our uniforms, and many of us still had our helmets on. We all sat down on the benches around coach.

“These are scouts from University of Michigan, they’re looking at some of you Juniors and Seniors.” Coach explained. I sighed, and held back my eye roll. There was no use for me to be here. I wouldn’t play for a Big 10 school. Never in a million years. I sighed and looked over at Dylan. I knew that he really wanted to go to Michigan, so obviously he’d want to pay attention.