Chapter 32

Chapter 32

“Ma! Ma I can’t!” Dylan was yelling as I walked into the kitchen. 

“What’s going on here?” I asked Noah, sitting down at the kitchen table next to him. 

“Dylan, I have work, and so does your father, the twins are at a friend’s house, I need you to watch the boys.” Kate said, sounding extremely defeated and tired. 

“I have a game! I can’t just take the boys to-” 

“I can watch them. I’ll be on the sidelines the whole time anyways.” I spoke up, giving Dylan a look. 

“Sam, it’s States, it’s going to get pretty loud and intense on the sidelines.” Dylan said, giving me a look. 

“Well then I guess Noah and Jake will have to be well behaved then.” I said, raising my eyebrows at him. 

“Fine but they’re your responsibility.” Dylan grumbled. 

“I trust Sam with them more than you anyways.” Kate said, winking at me. 

“We’re going to the football game?!” Jake asked excitedly, running into the room. 

“Yes, both of you go put your shoes on and grab a jacket, it’s going to be chilly tonight.” Kate said to her youngest children as she took her keys off of the hook. 

“Is Freddie coming?” I asked softly. 

“Nah he’s old enough to stay home alone I just don’t trust him to watch the little ones.” Kate said. 

“I’m not little I’m nine!” Jake called from the back hall. 

“And I’m 8!” Noah yelled as well. 

I laughed as they ran back into the kitchen, both wearing their matching running shoes. Noah had a jacket on, but Jake was still just in his t-shirt. 

“Jake, put on a sweatshirt.” Dylan frowned, giving his little brother a look. 

“Okay I’m out, Sam, I can’t thank you enough for this.” Kate smiled, walking towards the back door. “Noah, Jake, love you!” 

“Love you too mommy!” Noah called while Jake reluctantly pulled on a grey zip up sweatshirt. 

The door shut behind Kate and the young boys came running up to me. 

“Boys let’s go, we’re taking Sam’s car.” Dylan said, pulling his football bag over his shoulder. “You guys are sitting on the sideline with Sam, no funny business, got it?” 

Noah stuck his tongue out at Dylan as him and Jake ran out to my car. 

I laughed, grabbing my keys from the kitchen table. 

“We’re like a little family.” I told Dylan, placing a soft kiss on his lips. 

“We’ll be a little family someday.” Dylan whispered, rubbing my back as we walked out of the front door. “We’ll have our own little house, and our cute little front lawn, and cute little babies, and our cute little adorable family.” 

I raised my eyebrows at him, shutting the door behind us. 

“You’re making a lot of assumptions here.” I teased, bumping his hip with mine. 

Dylan just winked, tossing his football bag into the backseat of my car in between Noah and Jake. 

I laughed, shaking my head as I got into the drivers seat. “You’re insane.” I told him, starting the engine.