Chapter 29

Chapter 29

“This is so different to Caleb’s parties.” Annabelle whispered to me as we walked into Nate’s house. 

“Yea no shit. People here aren’t loaded like the Lockwoods.” I laughed, shaking my head. I looked around. 

“Wait isn’t that the guy who you got into a fight with tonight or something?” Jessica asked softly, pointing in the corner to where Nate and Hannah looked like they were in a very heated argument. I saw a beer in Nate’s hands, but Hannah looked absolutely pissed. 

“Uh yea.” 

“He seems to really enjoy picking fights with girls tonight.” Annabelle teased. 

“That’s Hannah, she’s awesome. It’s his girlfriend. I’ve never seen them fight though.” I frowned, watching as Hannah grabbed the beer out of his hands. She yelled something at her, but he just shook his head and looked away from her. 

“Matt!” I called, grabbing him by the arm as he walked by. “What’s going on over there?” 

“Hannah’s pissed that he’s drunk again.” Matt explained. 

“Again?” I raised my eyebrows. 

Matt awkwardly rubbed the back of his head. 

“He’s been going down the alcohol route a lot lately.” Matt sighed, shaking his head. “And Hannah’s getting mad.” 

“Like how much drinking?” I frowned. 

“Look, I’ve got a girl waiting for me, and I’m sorry but I really need this.” Matt said, giving me a look. 

I rolled my eyes. “Go have meaningless sex, whatever.” I rolled my eyes, playfully shoving his shoulder. 

Matt winked at me before walking off to a blonde girl waiting by the staircase. 

“He’s hot.” Jessica giggled. 

“He’s Matt.” I grimaced, shaking my head. “Oh God honey please don’t go down that road.” 

“Down what road?” Dylan asked from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

I giggled. “Jess was saying how Matt is just oh so hot.” 

“But he’s Matt though...” Dylan laughed. 

“Exactly what I said.” I nodded. 

“What’s bad about him? He’s hot!” Jessica raised her eyebrows. 

“He’s with another girl every weekend. Not the kind of person you really want to focus your energy on.” Dylan said, his lips brushing against my cheek. 

“Seriously what is up with you tonight?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “You’re seriously being weird.” 

“Where are the girls staying tonight?” Dylan asked, looking at front of me to my friends. 

“We’ve got ourselves a room at The Townsend.” Annabelle said, linking her arm with Jessica. “And I think we should be getting home.” 

Jessica’s gaze was focused on something behind me. 

“I think we should stay for a bit actually.” Jessica said softly, pushing past me. “Hey! Your name is Matt, right?” She asked, walking up to him. 

I shook my head. “I thought he was going with some blonde?” I asked with a frown. 

“Oh you mean Kay? Nah she’s over there with Luke.” Dylan pointed across the room.