Chapter 24

Chapter 24

“Our cars look so cute next to each other.” Andrew joked as we walked up to his front door. 

“Totally.” I laughed, pushing my hair back from my face. 

“So uh, this is my house I guess.” Andrew shrugged as we walked inside. 

“I know. I’ve been to Coach’s for team dinners and stuff.” I laughed, shutting the door behind me. 

I loved this house. It was small and cute and just adorable. To the right of the front door was a kitchen, and straight was a living room. Down a hallway to the left was a closet, a bathroom, a guest bedroom, an office, and another bedroom. It was a simple, one story house. 

I wasn’t sure if there was a basement though. 

“Aw! Are these baby pictures?” I giggled, looking at the pictures hanging on the walls. “Oh my God is that coach?” I laughed. 

Andrew groaned, walking up next to me. “I always want my mom to move them out of the front hall, but she insists keeping them there.” 

I laughed, observing all of them. “This one is from like, a few months ago at Cedar Point. Uh, that’s my mom and my dad on their wedding day.” 

“Oh my God coach looks so young!” I laughed, my eyes widening. 

“Um, that’s me and my mom when I was like 4, that’s the cousin I was telling you about, the one that I used to spend like every second with.” Andrew laughed. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. 

“That looks like me.” I laughed, nudging his arm. “Maybe that’s why you want to spend time with me.” 

“Nah I mean sorry but you’re pretty lame.” Andrew teased. “Want some food?” 

“Uh, yes please.” I giggled, following him into the kitchen. 

“We’ve got popcorn, apples, cheese, strawberries, chocolate...” Andrew listed off. “Oh hey mom.” 

I looked around Andrew and smiled at the woman sitting at the kitchen counter. 

“You brought a friend?” His mom asked, not looking up from her papers in front of her. “Yea it’s Sam, dad’s favorite QB.” Andrew teased, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “We’re just going to chill and watch movies.” 

Andrew’s mom looked up in shock, her eyes widening when she laid eyes on me. 

I gave her an awkward smile with a small wave, unsure what to say really. 

“Hi, I’m Sam.” I said softly. 

The initial shock was gone and Andrew’s mom composed herself. 

“I’m Marissa. We don’t do any of that Mr. and Mrs. stuff around here.” She smiled. 

“Yea I think it’d be pretty weird to start calling Coach, Mr. Lowellson.” I laughed, leaning against the counter as Andrew rummaged through the fridge. 

He pulled out a jar of cream cheese and tossed it on the counter before bending down to open up the drawer. 

“Where’s dad?” Andrew asked, searching through the drawer. 

“He left something at school so he went back to get it.” Marissa told him, her eyes still on me. She gave me a smile when she noticed me looking at her. 

Something about her looked extremely familiar, but I couldn’t place it at all. 

“Did you straighten your hair?” Marissa asked me.