Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Ma we’re home! It’s smells amazing!” He called, walking inside with me. A little boy ran around the corner.

“Dylan!” He said happily.

“Hey bud.” Dylan said, scooping up the young boy. It was Noah, because he had a bright green cast on his arm.

“How’s the arm feeling today?” Dylan asked.

“Better. It itches real bad though.” Noah frowned.

“Well I have someone I want you to meet.” Dylan smiled, looking at me.

“Hey. I’m Sam.” I said to the younger boy. He resembled Dylan so much it was amazing.

“Do you want to see my legos?! I got new ones today! Jake and I were building them!” Noah said, squirming out of his brother’s grip.

“How about we play with you and Jake after dinner, kay? I want to introduce Sam to mommy. I really really want her to like her.” Dylan said, bending down to Noah. “So go play and we’ll see you at dinner.”

Noah nodded and ran off. Dylan stood up back up to me.

“He’s so cute!” I exclaimed, squeezing his hand as he held it.

“Oh he’s acting for you.” Dylan laughed. “Ma? You in there?”

“Yea right here honey!” A woman called. I followed Dylan into the kitchen and he smiled at an older looking woman. She looked to be in her late forties or so. She had blonde curly hair, pulled up into a ponytail, with loose bits hanging all around. She was wearing an apron, and looked seriously tired out. But she looked happy, and that made me smile.

“How’d the game go?” She asked, smiling at both of us.

“We won. 6-3.” Dylan said.

“Close one.” She commented.

“Hi Mrs. Peters. I’m Sam, it’s nice to meet you.” I said, holding out my hand.

“Oh don’t be silly give me a hug. And you can call me Kate.” She smiled, pulling me into a hug.

“Hi.” I laughed.

“So Dylan tells me you’re quite the quarterback.” Kate said, pulling back from me. I looked at Dylan.

“Oh you did, did you?” I asked, raising my eyebrows. “You’re not supposed to tell anyone I’m a girl.” I said, poking his stomach.

“I told my mom about the amazing girl that I was head over heels for that was the quarterback on my team, not about the quarterback on my team that’s a girl.” Dylan said. Kate and I just looked at him, confused.

“It sounded better in my head gosh.” Dylan defended himself. “But I think she’s allowed to know, after all, her son is dating the girl.”

“Okay whatever.” I laughed. “But yea, I’m on the team with him.”

“I’ll have to try to get all of the boys to a game sometimes. Anyways, Dylan sweetie can you set the table?” Kate said.

“Of course.” Dylan smiled.

“I’ll help.” I grinned.

“Oh don’t be silly, you sit here I want to get to know you better.” Kate smiled. Dylan gave her a weird look.

“Honey you boys haven’t brought a girl home since Josie.” Kate said.

“Josie?” I asked.

“Adam’s fiancé.” Dylan answered, setting plates on the table.

“Oh yea you told me about her.” I said.