Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Babe..." Dylan groaned from next to me.

"What?" I managed, rolling over to bury my head in his chest.

"We have practice." He sighed, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You have practice." I replied, cracking open my eyes to look at him. His hair was a mess, and he was looking down at me with tired eyes.

"Don't make me do it alone..." Dylan whispered.

"I can't move." I groaned, closing my eyes again. "Can we just sleep?"

"Can I have some Advil?" Dylan asked.

"Yea... It's in the bathroom... Somewhere..." I sighed. Dylan nodded and got up from the bed.

I whined at the loss of his body heat, rolling over to cuddle up to the pillow that he'd been using.

"I miss you." I whined, cracking open my eyes.

Dylan was standing in the bathroom, his arms resting on the edge of the counter, wearing just a pair of jeans.

"Fuck I had way too much to drink." Dylan groaned.

"Tell me about it." I agreed, closing my eyes again. "What time is practice?" I asked.

"No idea... 10 or something..." Dylan shrugged.

I squinted to look at my clock. "Dylan, it's half past 12." I groaned.

Dylan gasped, stumbling out of the bathroom.

"Oh shit I have to go!" He exclaimed, reaching for his shirt that was on the ground.

"Why?" I whined, pushing myself up to a sitting position.

"Because we have weight training." Dylan sighed. "Sam, come on, get up."

"I'm not going." I shook my head.

"You have to..." Dylan said, sitting back down in bed next to me.

"I'd much rather just lay here with you." I whined.

"Come on." Dylan said, getting up and walking into my closet.

"How are you so awake?"

"It's called realization of responsibility." Dylan said, walking back to me with a pair of black athletic shorts, a pink sports bra, and a white t-shirt.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"Get dressed. Now." Dylan told me, picking up his phone from my nightstand. "Yea, I've got like 20 missed calls from the team."

I lethargically pulled on the clothes he'd given to me, cursing under my breath at the splitting headache.

Dylan handed me a small cup of water and some Advil.

"You rock." I whispered, pulling some running shoes onto my feet. "I'll throw up if we work out."

"Please don't." Dylan shook his head, grabbing my hand as he pulled me upstairs.

"How'd we even get here?" I groaned.

"No idea." Dylan laughed.

I almost fell asleep again as he drove my car to school. But he picked me up and lifted me over his shoulder as he walked inside.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I groaned, weakly hitting his back as he walked towards the weight room.

"Getting you to practice." Dylan replied.