Chapter 2

Chapter 2

We all cheered as we got back to the locker game. We’d won 24-0.

“That was awesome!” Ryan exclaimed.

“Sam I’ve never seen you tackle someone like that before.” Luke agreed. I just nodded, my face set as I looked down at my phone.

“What’s wrong?” Nate asked quickly.

“Nothing.” I mumbled, tossing my phone in my bag. I pulled off my pads and changed into some shorts and a t-shirt.

“Seriously what’s wrong?” Nate said, walking up to me.

“Nothing.” I said, faking a smile. Nate raised his eyebrows. He could see right through me. He was like the brother that I always wanted, but never had. He was my best friend, the one who was always there for me.

“Is it about your parents?”

“Sort of.” I said quickly. “Look, I’ll talk to you later, okay? I have to get to the end of Sofia’s singing crap.”

I rushed out to the car, and quickly drove home. My team came pounding into the house after me. I just watched with wide eyes as they raided my fridge, and proceeded to go downstairs to my room.

“Hey Sam.” Justin called before running downstairs.

I sighed and ran down after them.

“Out!” I called, pounding on the bathroom door. I tossed my bag down and waited for Nate to come out of the bathroom. I darted into the shower, only taking 3 minutes, then wrapped a towel around me and ran to my closet.

I nearly gagged when I put on leggings and a pink top. I let my hair fall naturally in it’s curls, and I pulled on some white converse.

I walked out of my closet and into the bathroom.

“Oooh don’t you look fancy.” Nate teased.

“Shut up there will most likely be pictures.” I grumbled, putting on some lip gloss. That’s the only makeup I would wear.

“Gonna be all famous?” Ryan laughed.

“Yea my shoulder hurts like a bitch though. That big guy, number 28, landed right on my shoulder.” I grumbled, moving my arm around.

“I still can’t believe you tackled him.” Luke laughed. I just grinned.

“I’ll see you guys later...” I sighed, putting my phone in the waist band of my leggings.

I groaned and ran upstairs, knowing I would be late. I jumped in the car, and drove as fast as I could to the school where the competition was being held.

“You’re late.” My mother hissed as I sat down.

“Yea well sorry.” I grumbled, sitting down harshly.

******************************

“Tomorrow is Saturday.” I said happily as I changed out of my uncomfortable outfit.

“Which means practice.” Nate grumbled from the spot on the couch. Most of the team was still here.

“Yea but late practice. Which means I don’t have to sleep early tonight.” I replied.

“Samantha!” My mom called, walking down the stairs.

“What.” I groaned, turning to look at her.

“What are you wearing for the VMAs tomorrow?” She asked, raising her eyebrows. “I need to make sure it’s alright.”

My eyes widened.