Consciousness - Rhaena

Rhaena feels like so much weight has been taken off of her. She drifts along a misty shore, lighter than a feather. Her attire is that of her favorite dress - the sea green one with gold trims. But she has never been in this place before. The sky is one color of grey and a grand castle looms in the distance the color of blood. Any names escape her and she continues to drift. The shore is made of wet sand and an occasional wave washes up on to it, just missing her feet by a few inches. If this is what happens after death, she is willing to accept it.

     A figure protrudes through the mist before her. It looks like a man. Slowly, he begins to materialize as he moves through the mist. As he comes closer, Rhaena stops and begins to identify his features. He is tall and slender and dressed in common leathers. But when Rhaena sees his face, she almost breaks down.

 But when Rhaena sees his face, she almost breaks down

     "I've missed you, Rhae." Torlin exclaims as he quickens his pace and tightly embraces her. She holds on to him for dear life and never wants to let go of her deceased friend. Oh, how she's missed him as well, but she cannot express it through words - only her overjoyed sobs. Torlin, who knows her better than anyone, understands her clearly and continues to hold her. She wants so desperately for this to be her heaven. To spend her the rest of her eternal days with the man she looked up to and saw as her father. Please don't let this end, she thinks to herself. "My little girl," Torlin pulls away slightly from her, just enough to look at her. "My sweet Rhae."

     "Is this a dream? Please, Torlin, don't tell me this is a dream."

     Torlin's sad eyes and smile make her heart sink. She grasps on to his leather tunic and hugs him tightly again. "I've been watching you for a while, Rhae. I'm so proud of you. You kept your promise." He tells her and strokes her long, unbraided hair cascading down her back. "But it's not your time yet." The words break Rain's heart and she begins to sob again.

     "No! I want to stay here with you. Forever!" She blurts out, but slowly, she feels Torlin's warmth dissipating from within her grasp.

     Distraught, she glances up and sees him fading before her and feels an increasing dizziness taking over her as his words sound like an echo in her ears.

     "I'll always love you, Rhae, and I'll be waiting for you, but go on now. He's waiting for you."

~~~

     The pain is overwhelming. Her entire body screams vaguely of the agony that once resided there. She barely remembers a thing. Fire and blood and death all around them. Viserion laid in that lake, his blood pooling black and clouding around him. And she... She only remembers falling. After that, she blacked out.

     The red witch was right. Gods, why hadn't she put two and two together? That feeling of unease of riding Viserion for the first time should have stayed. Golden eyes in flight. Falling. She would have done good to stay away from those dragons. Curse her Targaryen blood and it's fascination with them! She wonders hazily how she is even alive. Hadn't all of them flown away in time? Had she been saved? But... by who? Who was stupid enough to stay behind?