Winter Town - Rhaena (Edited to Fit 'Winterfell')

[A/N: WOW. I have rewritten this chapter slightly to include the details I may have gotten wrong and add the bits shown at the beginning of the episode! More coming soon!]

     "What color were her eyes?" Rhaena asked Jon, softly yet still stern and demanding. She had been wanting to ask him for a while, but until then she couldn't. Their ship had docked in White Harbor that day, prompting her to blurt her question before they would have their privacy limited on the ride to Winterfell. Jon stopped his dressing and glanced at her. His eyes were hard but he feigned ignorance as the topic seemed to still be raw for him.

     "Whose?" He asked back in a bleak voice.

     "You know who." She simply says, staring at him as she waits for the answer. He didn't seem to catch on to the reason why she asked. It just seemed like he thought she was trying to hurt him or bring up their worst fight.

     He sighed as he remembered back. The only other time Rain had saw him this upset was at the Dragon Pit, back when she refused his apologetic embrace. He slumped down on to their bed and didn't meet her eyes as he glanced up at their window. She could see hints of tears starting to well in his dark eyes. "She barely opened her eyes. From what I could see as I held her, she was to take after me. Black of hair already patched on her head, and brown of eyes from what little she opened them.. Before she fell still." Rain went to him immediately and held him after sitting beside him. She couldn't imagine the kind of grief he went through as their daughter died in his arms, and she hoped she never would.

     But his recount gave her some kind of sick happiness. The vision that the red witch told her of spoke of purple eyes being born. Not brown. A smile curled on her face as she held Jon close. She let him grieve for several minutes before breaking the silence. "We really will have another." She said. Jon looked at her with reddened eyes. "Violet eyes being born, the woman said. Not brown." His brows raised at that. Now he remembered. A small smile formed on his lips. "I'm sorry for bringing it up."

     "No. You deserve to know." He rubbed her arm before letting the conversation fall silent again. He was good at that. Always the silent type to speak with his eyes or face - just like her. But then he spoke again, sooner than Rain was expecting and his words made her eyebrows raises higher than ever and made him smirk like a jackass. "We shouldn't waste any time then."

~~~

     She missed the icy chill in the air and the snow flurries

     She missed the icy chill in the air and the snow flurries. This is where she's always belonged, not in the smoggy, humid south. The northern cold welcomed her presence, yet her blood denied the weather. As the last bit of the early morning flakes fell, tangling in to her snowy hair, they dissipate almost entirely when touching her skin. She glances to Daenerys riding on Jon's right side. It seems this isn't just a problem for Rhaena. Dany holds her hand up slightly in front of her. The snow melts against her skin all the while ensnaring the last of itself in her silver braids. She looks to her left and smiles at her cousin brightly. As for Jon, he broods atop his horse as he dusts the snow off of himself with annoyance.