00:01

"promise to get a little better
as I get older... "

Bliss sighed as she walked inside the comfort of her own home after a long day at work and school. She walked up to her mother's room and knocked on her door.

"Come in". She heard her mother say. She went in and sat on the other side

"Mama, I missed you". She happily embraced her mother and kissed her one year old sister who was sleeping next to her mom.

"How was work". She asked. Bliss went on telling her mom about a rude customer but nothing she has to worry about as she handled it.

"I told you, you don't need a job. I make enough money for the three of us"

She shook her head disapproving, "Sure mama but its good to have something of my own, that I worked hard for. You should save it for in case something happens to you". Her mom waved her off, laughing.

" Bliss, nothing is going to happen to me. I've just been tired, that's all". She sent her a reassuring smile. She recently gave birth to her younger sister, Coco. She named her that because she had deep rich cocoa skin and her eyes were just rich and deep cocoa.

"Okay. Goodnight then". She got up from where she was sitting and walked out of the room. She went into hers and removed her clothes. She got into the bathroom and washed the dirt of a busy Wednesday she had. She got out and dried herself. She loathe herself in Shea butter cream and wore pajamas.

She got cracking on her English homework. And yep everybody this is what Bliss life consisted of; school, work, home, repeat, all day, everyday 24/7, 365 days.

She had friends but all they ever do is party as much as she stayed home and got work done. Call her lame or anything, she was just trying to become something.

She finished her homework around ten to eleven. She packed her books and got into bed as she switched off the nightstand lamp besides her and fell into deep slumber.

"Will that be all Sir?". The lady at the drive thru said, giving him attitude, feeling salty that he rejected her right there and then.

"'Cuse me woman. What I say bout yo attitude. If I get it one mo' time, imma have yo ass fired. Now fix yo ugly chapped lips and stop wasting my time". He threw the hundred dollar bill at her, making her mumble incoherent things under her breathe.

She was embarrassed and she was on the verge of tears. She thinking if she has to quit the job after tonight. This man topped the cake for her.

She got his receipt and change, "Nah keep the change". Her eyes bugged out of their socket.

"What? I may be rude but I'm still generous". She might be reconsidering if everyone tipped her this much everyday.

"Thank you". He nodded and drove over to the pick up window. He took his food and drove off. Now all he had to do was get home safely to his baby mama and kid, without getting shot or anything.

"Honey! Come on outta ya hiding!". He yelled as he walked in kicking his shoes off and placing the keys on the key holder.

"Shut the hell up, you gonna wake my baby up and give me my food". She laughed, playfully snatching the doggy bag.

"Nah huh, give ya man some suga', Honey". He said raising the bag above him knowing she was too short to even reach. He plucked his lip.

"You such a baby". She stood on her tip toes and pecked his lips. He cupped her ass and shoved his tongue in her mouth. She pulled away smiling and wiping the corner of her mouth.

"Stop Seth". She whined looking up at him, "Now where my baby at". He handed her the bag of food and removed his bomber jacket and plopped on the couch.

"He's sleeping but he should be awake any moment now". She spoke while she munched on the French fries. They sat down, talking and eating until he was hit the a bombshell.

"We gotta talk Seth". She turned her body and looked at him.

"About what?".

"I can't do this anymore". She said looking in his eyes

"Do what? What yo ass chanting about?". He asked confused, briefly glancing between her and the flat screen TV mounted on the wall.

"Be in a relationship with you. I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore. I'm scared of living my life, constantly looking behind my back. I can't". She swallowed the big lump in her throat. Seth jaw clench and unclenched.

He stood up and starting pacing around the living room, " So what is it that ya sayin' to me". He asked. He could feel his heart tightening against his chest. His breathing was ragged.

Her silence mad him even more mad, "Answer me! What that mean? What are ya sayin'". His voice boomed inside the whole house starling her and making her shed a few tears.

"It means it's over between the both of us Seth. I don't want this life for me or Kaiyon. I don't wanna live like this".

He was letting her words sink in. He couldn't believe, his girlfriend, the mother of his child is about to drop him because she can't handle the type of life he has.

"Get out and leave my son. Ya ain't taking him no where".

"B-bu-but he needs me. I'm not leav-". She shuttered.

"Yes ya are!. He don't need you same way you sayin' you don't need me. Get outta hea' and pack yo shit!. My son is stayin' with me". He barked at her. She stood there bawling. She's nothing without her baby. She went into the room she shared with Seth and packed everything of hers.

When she was done she walked into Kaiyon's room and kissed her baby boy goodbye.

"I love you baby". She picked his sleeping form and hugged him for a while. She mumbled sweet nothings in his ears and she couldn't take it no more. She laid him back in his crib and walked out with tears streaming down her face.

"Take care of my baby, Seth. That's all I ask, please". She sniffed as she wheeled out her bag. Seth helped her. He would've taken the beemer he bought with his money but he wasn't that type of person.

"I know how to take care of my child". He rolled his eyes as he brought the last case to the car and put it in the trunk.

She got in the car and drove away to her mama's house. Seth walked back in with tears in his eyes. He had lost one of the most important person in his life but one way or another he was going to find a way to get over her

Okay, that was the first chapter of Bliss. Just building up the story but lemme know what y'all think.