00:16

"this drama's getting old, need
to let it go, same old episode
same old show..."

T A L I T H A

Talitha was resting her head lowly on the table as the lecturer was giving out some tips on how the complete an assignment.

She wasn't interested nor did she want to be here. Her head was all over the place at the moment. Trey was going to be released in exactly a month, meaning he was going to be home for the festive holidays.

"-assigned partners. It is compulsory you do it with your partner or you will both rewarded a zero if not". Her head snapped up and she was now alert, looking across the room. She didn't like any of her classmates. The girls looked at her with their nasty looks and she paid them no mind all the time.

"Jane & Tula!".

"Tania & Derrick!".

"Talitha & Kane M".

Who the fuck is Kane M?

She looked around the room confused. First off, she wasn't interested in this class, secondly, she didn't want to the project and knew nobody, lastly who was this Kane M?.

"Y'all only got ten minutes so get situated with y'all partners". The lecturer clapped his hands and students moved around, going to their partners. Talitha stayed seated on her chair. She was waiting for whoever the Kane M was, to come to her.

"Talitha Jones?". Her head snapped up and looked at the boy in front of her.

"Yes?". The boy took a table and chair beside her and placed it in front of her, sitting down. She folded her arms and arched her brow.

"What are you doing? Are you my partner?". She asked, her forehead creased with annoyance.

Kane looked at her and replied, "Yep. Do you wanna split the work and then we can just join the work or whatever?". He asked.

Talitha looked at him, like really looked at him. He's cute, she thought. He's eyebrows were thick and furrowed on confusion as he quickly responded to whoever on the phone.

The bell rang signaling the end of the lecture and Talitha was more than happy to be going home.

"We should exchange numbers". Kane said, as she packed her books and stood up.

"Err, sure". She shrugged, taking his space grey iPhone, entering her number and texting herself.

He said goodbye and walked out, while she followed texting her sister, Honey.

<<<, are you here yet??

[honey] almost, just wait
outside..

She rolled her eyes and walked to the front of the building, waiting for Honey. Lately she was staying at the house, having her and Esther got into a heated argument.

Talitha was happy having her sister at home. They got on so well like two peas in a pond.

A few minutes later she pulled up in her mother's red Audi A4, honking the horn for Talitha. She looked up from her phone and walked up to the car.