2: To The Castle!

"Uh, why are we sneaking through the Candy Kingdom?" Fiona asked as you zipped from behind one building to the bushes in front of another.

"Avoiding someone. They could be lurking in any shadow, waiting to pounce on me." Your nose and whiskers twitched in annoyance. Of course didn't want to sneak around, but you had done well the last few years with hiding and you didn't want to give it up now.

"Paranoid, much?" Cake asked as she laughed at your sneaking; which involved your foxy body parts twitching and crouching.

"Much, yes." Your command of the language you were speaking used to be great; you could hold long and lengthy conversations. But after thirty years of hiding and isolation in the woods, sometimes you just got tired of talking. Your fox vocal chords weren't quite as flexible and strong as a human's.

"I guess we don't have to follow you... But I'm having a lot of fun, Cake! It's like we're ninjas!" She jumped behind you and laid flat against a wall. "Schwoop! Zing!"

"Well I'm no ninja. I'm just gonna walk." Cake stepped out into the street and began walking towards the castle.

You, on the other hand, began vocalizing with your new friend Fiona; yipping and barking quietly when you could. You had forgotten how much fun it was to be around other creatures like you. Especially a human! You had never met a human before— and being half wasn't enough to understand.

Eventually, you reached the castle doors. Fiona and Cake walked right through, but you stood behind the massive doorframe, waiting to see if you could scare Prince Gumball.

"Ah, Fiona! Cake! I'm so glad you accepted my invitation to come! I've thought of a new recipe and I can't wait for you to taste it!" He smiled as he looked over the women in front of him. Then, he noticed a tail twitching in annoyance of being left out. He rushed past Cake and Fiona towards the door.

"Hey!" Fiona called out as she fell on her butt.

"Rude!" Cake scolded him as she helped Fiona back up.

"YN!" He was absolutely thrilled to see you! "Come out, come out, I don't allow him here! I've missed you so much!" He opened his arms.

Having been caught and reassured, you boinked out in the center of the doorway.

"I need more oil, Bubble. I put it on fur for you and gave the rest to Cake for burrs~" You chuffled and your tail rubbed up and down his back as the prince embraced you.

His nose tapped yours and then, he planted a kiss on your lips.

"What!?" Cake announced in surprise, "You ask my Fiona on a date and yet you're here kissin' foxes? Uh-uh, honey! No way you're gettin' a date now!"

You let out a mixture of a bark and a laugh.

"Fiona can date Bubble. I dated Bubble many years. Mmm, how many?" You looked up at him as he held your hand and walked back to his throne.