19: To Marshall's Song!

"My foxy lady~ I sing for you to come and see your Mawshee. My foxy lady~ We gotta talk now, just you and me. Oh please? My heart is achin' and my feelings are hurt. My bones are breakin' and I just gotta blurt," He raised his sound level even higher, but the pitch dropped lower and his voice sounded gravelly. "Why won't my foxy lady come and hang out with me? I promise I won't bite her, I'll just say what I ne~ed! I need my little Red to come back~ to~ my~ bed." He stepped down each of the last words by a half-note both in voice and on bass. "Little Red, I'm so sorry, just... please."

He laid on the floor, continuing to play the bass line behind his song and humming the song. You were touched but you weren't going to budge just yet. In fact, you probably weren't going to budge at all. If anything you would go see him at his house; not handle this in Fionna's territory.

"That was... that was really touching Marshall Lee, but she really isn't here." Fionna rubbed her head. "Sorry."

"Li-ttle Red, Li-ttle Red, Li-ttle Re-e-e-ed~" He started again with the half-note downs, knowing it pleased your fox ears. "I won't chase you no more and I will leave you alone~ but I will sing til I'm sore and ask~ you~ to~ come~ ho-oh-ome~!" He was going a little too far with the half-notes at this point, but you still loved to hear his voice. "Little Red, I just want you back in my bed."

"Marshall, please." Fionna shook her head, knowing how you must be feeling. "Just go somewhere else."

Finally, the vampire stood up and floated away. Once they were sure that he was gone, Cake ran to open the door to your hiding spot and lifted you up into a hug.

"Oh sweetheart, I know that must've been so hard." You rubbed her soft fur as tear dripped down your face.

"He used to write me songs all the time." You said plainly. "I miss the vampire. But I am not ready to talk yet."

"I think that's okay. Maybe he'll stick to his word and stop chasing you. Then, you can just avoid him, rather than hide from him." Fionna suggested.

If he's not following me though... That means he's gone back to Gumball... I know it... You thought as you stood on your own and wiped your eyes.

"I think I go for a long walk. Maybe see you both when I get back." You mumbled.

"Where are you going?" Fionna asked.

"Any suggestions?" You looked at her. "Want to come?"

"Oh, well I guess we were going to go to the Flame Kingdom tomorrow. We could just go now." She shrugged at Cake. "Does that sound okay, YN?"

"Anywhere but here, yes, fine." You shrugged in return. And with Cake's added shrug, it was decided that the next stop was going to be the Flame Kingdom.

Maybe they have a person there that will be a good fit for me. I'm stick of Marshall Lee and Gumball