27: To Snuggles!

After a few more minutes and struggling breaths, you calmed down chuffled into Marshall Lee's neck.

"Can we at least go to the couch, YN? I'm desperately trying not to sneeze..." He mumbled.

You nodded, relinquishing the vampire king. He swooped out and patiently waited for you to shimmy out from beneath his porch. Offering his hand, he took a deep breath. He wasn't going to mess this up. He couldn't. His whole life plan was riding on this. Three hundred years counted for something if he could fix this. And he really though he could. He just had to keep a handle on his crazy. No ridiculous love declarations. No questions about the future. No erections, especially.

Think plain thoughts. Plain thoughts. Beige. Fishing. Guitar. Peppers. He recited in his head you your paw grabbed his hand. As he floated into his house and over towards his couch. He floated over it and opened his arms to you.

Dramatically, you fell onto his body, wrapped your tail around him.

"What happened, YN?" He was careful not to be too familiar with you. "Who hurt you?"

"G-G-Gumball said that I was stupid and he hoped that you would bite me."

"Gumwad's a petty bitch. He's just mad because we did the diddly and I didn't let him stay and cuddle the next morning."

"Did the diddly?" You laughed just a bit.

"Had sex, or whatever. I really was trying to get over you, even a little. I was serious when I told you that I would leave you alone." He admitted. "Anyway, Re--YN. Ignore him."

His fingers scratched behind your ears, causing you to make more pleased noises.

"Even if... and this is hard for me to say, just to add... even if you don't want to see me again after this... Thanks." He closed his eyes and relished the moment.

"For?" You sniffled as you laid your head on his non-moving chest.

"You trusted me enough to come here." Beige! Golf! Ice Queen! Sparkling water! He screamed in his mind. "I don't feel like I deserve it, but I just want to tell you that it... gives me closure. I know why you left... and I don't blame you... but it was sudden."

"Don't bite me Mawshee..." You mumbled as your eyelids began to close.

"No, YN. I won't bite you. I won't do anything you don't want me to do." His own eyes began to close, body thumping with the beat of your heart. He was so happy. Good glob, he was in pure bliss. His foxy was home, sleeping on his chest, in his house, just like the good years. The years where you only had eyes for each other. When your fox noises were always around the house. When you screamed beneath him--

NO! No, no, no! TRASH CANS SUNLIGHT TOAST LAMPS! He thought desperately.

"It's okay, Mawshee. I get it. I just want to be close to you." You mumbled as sleep began to overtake you. "Hold me Mawshee."

And he did. Happily, he held you tightly. And he wouldn't have traded this moment for anything.