14: To Dirty Tricks!

Suddenly Cake tried to squish him as she grew in size, but Marshall Lee was more than a match for her. They wrestled in full size form as Fionna finished off the last of the skeletons.

"Fionna!" She yelled.

"Cake!" Fionna yelled back.

"Grab onto my little paws!" She stretched out to meet Fionna's outstretched hands. She pulled and pulled and pulled until finally Cake came free. But you heard Marshall screech and you turned to Gumball.

"Go back to Fionna's." You whispered as you ran out. "Mawshee! Mawshee!"

He groaned and moaned as he rolled around, changing back to his human form with a stake sticking out of his chest.

"YN?... Marshall?..." Fionna looked worried.

"Oh this is bad guys, really bad." He desperately tried to hold himself back from being a total psycho and going after you; especially since he had heard you call his name. Now might be his only chance to get you to talk to him.

Fionna and Cake ran over to him, but you hovered a few feet away, unsure of what had happened. The sun rose and you smelled Marshall's burning flesh. Luckily, Cake was able to block some of the sun.

"Marshall... You've gotta be okay." Fionna was distraught. "Even YN was worried for you. He laughed pathetically.

"I think this is it for me, Fionna..." He quickly formulated a plot to make you jealous and try to get you to lash out. "So why don't you just admit it? You're in love with me."

You frowned and Fionna looked at you. She didn't like to see her new pal upset either; even if Marshall Lee was "dying".

"I get that you flirt with me and it's funny and whatever, but you're doing that now!?" Tears filled her eyes "What are you trying to do to my head!? You think I've got some little crush on you? For however long we have left... For once... Drop it you freak!"

As she sobbed, Marshall Lee sat up, spear sticking through him. You gagged, realizing it was all an act. And you began shaking your head and backing away.

"Faking it! Faking it! My shirt is like filled with creme puffs!" You began to cry again and ran off. He looked back at you "NO! YN! Come back! Damn it!"

"Oh goodness..." Cake shook her head.

"Glob, Fionna. You're one of the realest people I've ever met." He shook his head as well. "I've gotta go after YN."

And then, she punched his face.

"Aw my cheek meat!" He yelled. But Fionna laughed with tears still in her eyes. And then, she came at him with fists raised. "Quit clownin' Fionna... Fionna!"

And you heard the sounds of his body being punched again and again as you fled on all fours back to your favorite part of the woods. You couldn't believe that you had fallen for that act. You'd know better next time.

Stupid Marshall Lee and his stupid singing your stupid special song and his stupid new rap. Stupid everything. You thought to yourself as you curled up under your raspberry bush, eating a few as a comfort.