Chapter 4

I sat on the couch and turned on the TV. I don't know why I expected there to be cable, but obviously there wasn't. Jeff did have a DVD player though, I looked around the room to see a small box on a chair to the right. I lifted the top off and found about a bazillion DVDs inside, and all of them horror and suspense movies! I jumped up and down happily in my head, not wanting to look completely insane. I popped in "The Number 23" and watched it for about twenty minutes before I started dozing off, and finally falling asleep.

*Dream*

     I was walking through this huge field, there was snow everywhere, but it felt so warm...I looked up into the sky to see the snow falling harder, each flake disappearing as it hit the snow on the ground. Then I heard this, god awful screech, I could feel my blood freeze as the screeching grew closer and closer. My heartbeat slowing down to the point I can't feel it anymore, my skin turning blue and my eyes turning silver. The warmth was gone, I was left frozen in time, the snow stopped falling...and the field vanished. All that was left was me and the screeching that sounded more and more like music the longer I heard it.

*End of dream*

     I woke up to Jeff sitting next to me, "The Number 23" still playing. I looked at Jeff and he looked back to me, his hoodie covered in blood, his hands dry and dark orange. He smiled a bit at me. "I'm gonna go clean up." He said sweetly, like a child getting out of the sandbox. I smiled back and nodded as he walked to the bathroom. I continued to watch the movie when I heard Jeff singing in the shower. "OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MOOOORNING! OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAAAAAY!" I couldn't help but giggle at his adorableness. I can't fight it...I think I...like him. Not as in, like like him just, I think he's just misunderstood... LISTEN TO YOURSELF!!! HE'S A FUCKING KILLER!!! WHAT'S MISUNDERSTOOD ABOUT THAT?! HE TAKES DOZENS OF LIVES EVERY FUCKING DAY!!! I gripped my hair tightly as I tried reasoning with myself. Jeff walked back to me and gently made me let go of my hair. I looked up at him with tears starting to form. He gave me a concerned look. "What's wrong Chanse?" He asked me softly. I looked down. "I-I...I'm going crazy...I just...I don't know what to do...my parents are dead...and I have nothing..." He hugged me gently and took my hand. "Follow me."

     I followed Jeff to a room not far from the bathroom, it kinda looked like a kids room. I looked on the bed and saw a duffel bag. Jeff grabbed it and handed it to me, I looked at him confused. He smiled. "Open it." I opened the bag to see my clothes, my ICP albums, my phone, and my penguin stuffy. Don't judge. I smiled at Jeff and hugged him. "Thank you so much for grabbing these." I said to him. He smiled back at me and gently kissed my forehead, my face blushed deep red. "You can have this room, mine is just a couple doors down, and feel free to use the hot water in the shower." I nodded and thanked him. I put the bag down and grabbed clean socks, underwear, a shirt and some cargo pants. I walked to the bathroom and turned the shower on. I let the water warm up a bit, which is unusual for me. When the water got a bit hotter I stripped from my clothes and stepped in the shower. I stared relaxing as the warm water glided down my body, ignoring the pain. When suddenly, I felt two cold hands wrap around my waist.